Music Modernization Law

Started by airboy, October 11, 2018, 05:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

A law updating music copyright, rights fees, and clearing houses for music fees passed Congress and was signed by the President.

See: https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/trump-signs-music-modernization-act-736185/

All of the big players in the music industry seemed to be happy.  Some individual performers spoke positively.

This was not on my radar.  The music industry has shrunk so much because of piracy, recorded music does not get much coverage in the Wall St. Journal.

Anybody knowledgeable on this story?

Centurion40

Kid Rock supports it, so it must be good for artists.
Any time is a good time for pie.

klingelton2222

Thank you for sharing these, they are more attractive and interesting than ever

SirAndrewD

Quote from: klingelton2222 on November 13, 2022, 10:40:07 PM
Thank you for sharing these, they are more attractive and interesting than ever

It is very attractive!  And most of interest!

Perhaps. If you are able.  Perhaps the most thing of interest is how can I work from home for more than my......well...work from home job.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

al_infierno

If you want to find the spammer, I know where he is, I know where he is, I know where he is...

He's on the grogboards crapping a phony post!

I saw him, I saw him

On the grogboards crapping a phony post

I saw him!

On the grogboad crapping a phony post  :knuppel2:
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

SirAndrewD

Quote from: al_infierno on November 13, 2022, 11:39:38 PM
If you want to find the spammer, I know where he is, I know where he is, I know where he is...

He's on the grogboards crapping a phony post!

I saw him, I saw him

On the grogboards crapping a phony post

I saw him!

On the grogboad crapping out a phony post  :knuppel2:

But I have no mouth and yet I must work from home for $50k a week.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

al_infierno

Quote from: SirAndrewD on November 13, 2022, 11:41:51 PM
But I have no mouth and yet I must work from home for $50k a week.

I'm still after that Nigerian prince who owes me $9k.   :pullhair:
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Sir Slash

Me too. He should be King by now.  ???
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.