Agents of Smersh - Kickstarter

Started by airboy, August 01, 2020, 03:47:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

Agents of Smersh was quite popular, out of stock, and very expensive to pick up used.

EverythingEpic got the license and will be issuing a new edition with a 4Q Kickstarter.  I'm glad I held off picking up a copy on the market.

Tpek

I still have a copy of the original first edition laying around somewhere unused :P

airboy

Quote from: Tpek on August 02, 2020, 02:20:37 PM
I still have a copy of the original first edition laying around somewhere unused :P

If you are in the USA and want to sell it - PM me.  I would rather get a known game at a good price than a kickstarter.  I do want a copy with the encounter book.

Tpek

Quote from: airboy on August 02, 2020, 04:03:26 PM
Quote from: Tpek on August 02, 2020, 02:20:37 PM

If you are in the USA and want to sell it - PM me.  I would rather get a known game at a good price than a kickstarter.  I do want a copy with the encounter book.

Sorry but the chance I'll be visiting the U.S in the near future are pretty much nil at this moment. :(

airboy

I picked up a pretty inexpensive copy of Agents of SMERSH.  It was delivered today - at our other place.

I'm a little leery of the future kickstarter for Agents of SMERSH. 

They plan to launch a Kickstarter.  See their announcement at: https://www.everythingepic.us/agents-of-smersh-epic-edition

This is my problem.  Secrets of the Lost Tomb had a ton of randomness to it.  The game could be easily customized by players.  We played with variant rules which improved the game quite a bit on our second playthrough.  The game is a blast, and there are pretty obvious ways to fiddle with it to keep it fresh.

Big Trouble in Little China has a lot of finite options.  It is, unfortunately, sort of a high complex, "choose your adventure" but the replayability of it is much more limited than Secrets of the Lost Tomb.

Secrets of the Lost Station upped the ante on the "very complex, closed ended adventure" game system of Big Trouble in Little China.  They initially came out with a $300 asking price, but immediately cut it to $200.

See the pattern?  The designer had a system I really liked (Secrets of the Lost Tomb) which had a ton of randomness in it and easy means to alter the game.  Then he went down a different path for his next two cooperative games (Big Trouble in Little China and Secrets of the Lost Station). 

Nefaro

The 2021 Agents Of SMERSH Kickstarter just opened, for those of you still looking.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/everythingepicgames/agents-of-smersh-epic-edition

Seems they improved the look of it a bit and added some stuff.  Since I have the 2nd KS edition and the expansion I don't plan on backing, but I know people have been looking for it.  Now's your time!  <:-)