Main Menu

Serbia 1914 Team Competition

Started by Boggit, December 14, 2020, 02:40:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

z1812

Quote from: Boggit on February 26, 2021, 12:52:43 PM
I will get in touch with them.

Rich Hamilton at JTS provided the game free of charge in good faith, and I think those players who have had the game should at the very least make an effort to keep to their side of the bargain.

If this is a problem that players will take what is effectively a free game to them and not hold to their side of the bargain - i.e. to participate, then this sends a very bad precedent to those publishers and developers who are kind enough to sponsor us. On a personal note it begs the question, "why should I bother too?"

In the meantime Z1812 will you please contact Nikolai and play the competition scenario anyway? It may be that there are good reasons why the others have been out of touch and we can feed them into the competition once things are cleared up.

I will PM Nikolai.

z1812

Well Nikolai and I are ready to start. Matt3916 just indicated he is ready to play. I suggest we wait over the weekend. If we get 1 more player then there will be 2 on each side. What do you think?

If not we can play 3.

z1812

Just as to the mechanics of the game. I have not played more than one person at a time. I have not played on a team.

What is the sequence of play. So player A and B on team 1 gets the turn. They review the move and confer by email, then decide upon the move and either player A or B returns it?

Or does each player have specific formations they exclusively control? They confer and one completes and sends the turn.

nelmsm

The players on each team decide who will command what forces.  The opposing team will send you the turn and player 1 will move his forces and send the file to player 2 who will move his forces and end the turn and send to the both members of the opponents team.  They then do the same and so on and so forth.

z1812

Quote from: nelmsm on February 26, 2021, 04:08:13 PM
The players on each team decide who will command what forces.  The opposing team will send you the turn and player 1 will move his forces and send the file to player 2 who will move his forces and end the turn and send to the both members of the opponents team.  They then do the same and so on and so forth.

Thanks for the reply. That sounds quite efficient. I was not aware that the game allowed you to pass the move to a friendly player.

nelmsm

Played 1 has to remember not to end the turn, just save it.  Player 2 needs to be the one to end the turn each time. You will need to share the password as well. 

z1812

Quote from: nelmsm on February 27, 2021, 08:46:03 PM
Played 1 has to remember not to end the turn, just save it.  Player 2 needs to be the one to end the turn each time. You will need to share the password as well.

Thanks again for the info!

z1812

Hi All,

I Have sent an email to Nikolai. I have suggested that the teams be Nikolai and Matt, versus myself and nelmsm. I have also suggested the scenario A Matter of Honour at 27 turns. Does that suit everyone?

z1812

Ok everyone should have messages and/or an email about starting the game. Once I have confirmation from everyone we shall start.

z1812

Now that we are organized, I will start the game. I have a busy day tomorrow, but I should get a turn out no later than Wednesday morning. Have fun everyone,

z1812

Nelmsm and I are just deciding about strategy. I should get a move out later today. If not tomorrow.

Boggit

Fantastic news guys. I'm glad that at last you're off and running. I hope you really enjoy the game and the format that we are working too.  :bd:

Please drop your feedback, thoughts - good and bad, AAR's, screenshots on the screen etc into this thread.

Once we get started, it's quite possible that Rich at JTS will pitch in to the conversation. He has mentioned when we discussed the sponsorship of the game that he will also give the designer Ed "Volcano" Williams a heads up so he can engage on the thread. That would be a great opportunity if you have any questions on design decisions/history etc.

I know Ed and in my opinion he is an EXTREMELY well read WW1 historian, one of the best today in my view. O0
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Boggit

How is the game going? You are all very quiet... :-X
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

z1812

Quote from: Boggit on April 07, 2021, 11:03:01 PM

Hi Boggit,

We are moving along at a steady pace. 9 turns are complete. Nelmsm has started an AAR in the digital AAR section.

I suppose we are a quiet group..........

Boggit

Quote from: z1812 on April 08, 2021, 07:31:31 AM
Quote from: Boggit on April 07, 2021, 11:03:01 PM

Hi Boggit,

We are moving along at a steady pace. 9 turns are complete. Nelmsm has started an AAR in the digital AAR section.

I suppose we are a quiet group..........
Nice! :bd: