Hellfire Pass: May 1941: Operation Skorpion lengthens Brevity

Started by MengJiao, February 27, 2021, 01:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MengJiao

So, looking at BCS so more, I decided on an epic battle in May 1941 assuming that Brevity was bigger and collided with a hasty Operation Skorpion designed to distract the Imperial Forces from Crete and Syria.  Of course, Ultra would give warning of all that and Wavell might have decided to try to
mash the Skorpion in his lair rather than wait for BattleAxe.  The Axis has pulled back to a more defensible line and has some mines and entrenchments and extra forces but the Axis mobile forces are still built around Herff's KG and the Light Division (later 15 PZ,by later in May):

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on February 27, 2021, 01:04:56 PM
The Axis has pulled back to a more defensible line and has some mines and entrenchments and extra forces but the Axis mobile forces are still built around Herff's KG and the Light Division (later 15 PZ,by later in May):

Dawn of the third day of Big Brevity...looks like a Big Skorpion will be needed to recapture Hellfire Pass and Sollum.  The 4th Indian Brigade took big losses but also took the pass.  The 22nd Guards Brigade took the top of the pass and most of Sollum.  I kind of doubt that Big Brevity will take Fort Capuzzo, but we will see:

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on March 01, 2021, 01:17:26 PM
Quote from: MengJiao on February 27, 2021, 01:04:56 PM
The Axis has pulled back to a more defensible line and has some mines and entrenchments and extra forces but the Axis mobile forces are still built around Herff's KG and the Light Division (later 15 PZ,by later in May):

I kind of doubt that Big Brevity will take Fort Capuzzo, but we will see:

Yes, there was weirdness.  The Imperial forces were nearly paralyzed by SNAFUs, but they rolled insanely well under attack and they managed to hold on to Sollum and the pass while not seriously coming close to taking Fort Capuzzo.

This means a double Skorpion wherein both the 15th PZ and the 5th Le will collide with the tanks of the Tiger Convoy in mid-June 1941 as the Luftwaffe heads for beating up Russia.