Main Menu

College Football 2020

Started by airboy, July 31, 2020, 09:54:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

It was a close game....until.  :hide:  Congrats to Coach Saban on his 7th Championship. Seriously, I been watching 'Bama play since I was in Junior High School and I think this is the best team they've ever fielded. They could hold their own against some NFL teams.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

airboy

JasonPratt

And thus, soon another season of SEC Shorts will come to an end.  :dreamer:

.....{checking}....

But not yet.

...........{checking}....
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Quote from: airboy on January 12, 2021, 08:05:41 AM
Quote from: Sir Slash on January 12, 2021, 12:01:30 AM
It was a close game....until.  :hide: 

kickoff?  :D

Lol'd!

Congrats to Bama for representing the SEC yet again in a championship game, and with yet another win!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

And another coach leaving to go elsewhere. Nick spreads coaches like Corona spreads infection.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

ArizonaTank

Sadly, I'm an Ohio State alum...  The game felt like the scene from Jurassic World where the T-Rex eats the goat....with OSU being on the wrong end of the transaction....:(
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Sir Slash

The Buckeyes got nothing to be ashamed of Tank. I never thought they were for real until I saw them demolish Clemson in the playoffs. Then with some of their best players out with injuries they still stayed with 'Bama pretty well, coming back to within 2 TD's of them in the 3rd quarter. They certainly didn't back into the playoffs, they deserved to be there.

FarAway Sooner

There's no doubt that Bama deserved that win and dominated that game.

For the sake of college football, I wish that more teams would get competive with Bama.  But, in light of what we know today, it's awful hard to blame that on Alabama.  Other programs just have to figure out how to get better.

SirAndrewD

Georgia State took Auburn the distance...

I don't know how I feel about that.

Perhaps the end of the Bo Nix Era.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback