More Pix For A Laugh

Started by bayonetbrant, January 16, 2013, 05:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Tpek on August 25, 2013, 03:07:04 PM

Those tape-players/recorders did the rewinding for you.

Not in my car. Back then I drove a POS Olds Firenza and the first thing to break in it was the tape deck.  :-\

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

Martok

LOL!  Now that would be an interesting fight to watch (albeit from a safe distance). 

Quote from: bayonetbrant on August 25, 2013, 07:28:13 PM

There goes the coolest toddler in the neighborhood. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

JasonPratt

That Emperor/Superman photo is so full of win.

"Eucalyptus leaves cause hallucinations?" should be tagged to a shot from Lilo and Stitch.

I don't understand the photo with the 4x4 giant tire wagon: what are the woman and baby looking at? What's the joke...? I live in West Tennessee and I can't figure it out...
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Martok

EDIT:  Never mind, I'm an idiot... 

"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

Staggerwing

Uh... Martok...

That tugging sensation? on your foot?

Quote from: JasonPratt on August 26, 2013, 07:43:16 AM
I live in West Tennessee and I can't figure it out...
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

BanzaiCat

Centurion40

Quote from: Staggerwing on August 25, 2013, 03:48:14 PM
Tpek,
I drove old cars with old tape players or old car originally not equipped with tape players, remedied by buying the cheapest (and thus crappiest) car stereo with tape deck I could afford. As a resulting much of the actual tape could end up deep in the bowels of said player, requiring a very careful extraction and resulting need for manual winding.

Been there, done that... all whilst ridiculing those with 8-track players.
Any time is a good time for pie.

Tpek

Quote from: Staggerwing on August 25, 2013, 03:48:14 PM
Tpek,
I drove old cars with old tape players or old car originally not equipped with tape players, remedied by buying the cheapest (and thus crappiest) car stereo with tape deck I could afford. As a resulting much of the actual tape could end up deep in the bowels of said player, requiring a very careful extraction and resulting need for manual winding.

Well, you get what you pay for :P
In the meanwhile, I think my 30 year old VHS recorder still functions to some degree :D

Staggerwing

Trust me, I was under no illusions. I also never used up all the change in the ashtray in case of breakdown, since this was before cell phones and pay phones were every where.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

JasonPratt

Yep, WestTN for the win.  ;D

Although if it helps you feel better, Martok, that really was my original thought (I kept trying to figure out what the baby and Mom were looking at so I would get the joke). So I was poking fun at myself.

Meanwhile, I created a thread specifically to honor this video, but I thought it would fit here, too:

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Martok

Quote from: bayonetbrant on August 26, 2013, 10:33:39 AM
one for Martok

A good start, but the gun needs to be bigger.  :P 

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus