More Pix For A Laugh

Started by bayonetbrant, January 16, 2013, 05:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Staggerwing

^Cap'n, You must be following the lengthy discussion of 'Command's' UI with a certain degree of interest no doubt. Hopefully, it's not causing you guys to make any revisions yourselves. ;)
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Capn Darwin

Quote from: Staggerwing on October 03, 2013, 05:37:06 PM
^Cap'n, You must be following the lengthy discussion of 'Command's' UI with a certain degree of interest no doubt. Hopefully, it's not causing you guys to make any revisions yourselves. ;)

I have not had the chance to play Command yet, primarily busy with Gold masters, doc revisions and Mod Guide docs right now. I have been on and through the Command forums and we are aware of a few themes from players and others. In our play testing we have had very few UI issues and we have implemented a number of suggestions we found helpful. Our game mechanics are different from Command and the UI does not have to cover as many different cases as theirs does. Hopefully we have just enough information and control to keep the majority of players engaged and happy. I guess we will see in less than a week!
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

Ubercat

Quote from: mirth on October 03, 2013, 03:26:35 PM
Quote from: Ubercat on October 03, 2013, 02:37:20 PM
I once owned at least 4 items in that picture.

+1 I had 3 of the D&D manuals and SFB.

SFB, 2 D&D manuals (my friend supplied the others), plus the Rolemaster book. I.C.E had Middle Earth locked down. Where else could you learn that Gandalf the Grey was 30th level but jumped to 50th level when he came back as the White?
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

BanzaiCat

This,

...and this...

I like headband dude in the middle...I think an 80s video is about to break out.

LongBlade

Quote from: mirth on October 03, 2013, 05:01:55 PM
Until you've played 'Panzerschiffe', none of you can speak to me of complex wargames.

How's Up Scope compare?
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

besilarius

Visited SPI in NYC around 1976.  David Isby admitted that Up scope was so involved that even real submariners had trouble playtesting it.
Course, he called them "Tubahs".  An anglicised version of tubers, for the tubes on a submarine.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

LongBlade

Quote from: besilarius on October 03, 2013, 08:21:59 PM
Visited SPI in NYC around 1976.  David Isby admitted that Up scope was so involved that even real submariners had trouble playtesting it.
Course, he called them "Tubahs".  An anglicised version of tubers, for the tubes on a submarine.

I remember wading through Up Scope when I was like 12 or 14. It about broke my brain. I doubt I'd do any better today.

Thanks for the insight. Makes me feel a bit better.  8)
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

besilarius

Probably the victim of  a piercing glance.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

Mr. Bigglesworth

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

Tpek

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on October 03, 2013, 10:17:56 PM

LoL. Pretty much like the "Unstoppable force meets immovable object" :P

JasonPratt

^^ Some genius invented the only valid ST vs SW debate result!!!

(Or the only valid result that everyone can agree on. ;) )
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Martok

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Centurion40

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on October 03, 2013, 04:41:26 PM
Screw the Gorn and their homing plasma torpedoes!

F-yeah!  If you ain't Kzinti, you ain't shizzle!  "Cept for the Hydrans, they rock, well so do the Lyrans....
Any time is a good time for pie.