More Pix For A Laugh

Started by bayonetbrant, January 16, 2013, 05:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LongBlade

Quote from: Centurion40 on October 25, 2013, 11:10:28 AM
Quote from: JasonPratt on October 25, 2013, 11:02:56 AM
Yeah, come to think of it, LOTR is hilariously inept on the list: a series written by a devout Roman Catholic who thought his best friend, 20th century super-apologist C. S. Lewis (whom Tolkien helped evangelize), was waaaaay too theologically sloppy and irreverent; where the overarching story involves a loyal angel of God Most High in prehistoric times helping lead a fight against a lieutenant of the chief rebel angel.

To be fair, there are some "Christian" sects and denominations that sincerely believe that Roman Catholics are not Christians; therefore they are destined for Hell, and the office of the Pope is actually the Anti-Christ.

http://www.pacinst.com/antichri.htm

They aren't hard to find.

In some parts of the country are are not hard to find at all. I grew up around a bunch of them.

It's amazing how otherwise good, kind people can go off the rails on one issue which clouds both their entire perception of the world and the world's perception of them.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Centurion40 on October 25, 2013, 11:10:28 AMTo be fair, there are some "Christian" sects and denominations that sincerely believe that Roman Catholics are not Christians; therefore they are destined for Hell, and the office of the Pope is actually the Anti-Christ.

http://www.pacinst.com/antichri.htm

They aren't hard to find.

Is it OK if I don't go looking?  Can I safely ignore them and mentally file them under "fucking morons"?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Steelgrave

Just as prevalent are certain mainstream Christian religions who don't believe other mainstream Christians are going to heaven besides their own particular denomination. Apparently Heaven will be small enough you can't have a good sized choir while Hell will be filled to bursting.....

Steelgrave

Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 25, 2013, 06:39:42 AM
I can't help it...  I'm still laughing

OMG.....funniest thing I've seen in ages!

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

mirth

mirth

mirth

Mrs Darwin

Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 25, 2013, 06:39:42 AM
I can't help it...  I'm still laughing

Does anyone else find it further ironic that mittens are precisely the instrument that would have rendered Ms. Keller completely unable to communicate with the world at large?
<Insert Expletive Here> Space Pirate

I'm a much nicer person when I keep my mouth shut.

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Steelgrave

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on October 26, 2013, 07:35:32 AM

Way to go, Star. Now a certain friend of ours will switch to Depends before using a toilet again   8)

Mr. Bigglesworth

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

Steelgrave