More Pix For A Laugh

Started by bayonetbrant, January 16, 2013, 05:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

JasonPratt

Also, you can totally stab people with a compass!

... .......... I was spanked.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

LongBlade

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on November 02, 2013, 01:19:51 AM
its 2 spaces.  ffs  if I know that its gotta be true and gooder.

Actually...

The issue has merit. Maybe a year ago I ran across an article giving five reasons why only one space was to be used after a period. IIRC all of them had to do with computing/interwebz.

Those of us of a certain age took typing classes and it was hammered into our brains that we double spaced after a period.

I do know that on the iPhone if you make two spaces it will automatically insert a period - but it also only shows one space after that period!

Just now I checked with my kids. There doesn't seem to be any definitive instruction that has been given to them in their computer classes.

Lastly, I publish a lot of stuff on the internet. I do not have a strict policy on one space or two when we publish and I don't change the format when an author submits his work. I've never seen a problem or heard of anyone protest the variation in format.

The line break after every sentence is typically used by news organizations. I find it a curious affectation but otherwise irrelevant.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Bison

Bison

And it's two spaces following a period.  Can we stop pissing on the English language now with all of this intraweb, new age, feminist, revisionism already?  :P

Bison

Bison

Centurion40

Any time is a good time for pie.

W8taminute

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

bayonetbrant

Today's nuggets from Doctrine Man

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Barthheart

Heard any Christmas carols yet.....  :P

bayonetbrant

What's the opposite of Christopher Reeve?

Christopher Walken

(ducks and runs)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Barthheart

bayonetbrant

Windigo

Quote from: bayonetbrant on November 05, 2013, 09:21:14 AM
Today's nuggets from Doctrine Man

if you burn first won't that destroy most of the pillage?

My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.