More Pix For A Laugh

Started by bayonetbrant, January 16, 2013, 05:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W8taminute

There is something to be said however for living in extreme cold and snow areas.  Today when I was snowblowing my driveway it was 14 degrees out.  I felt like a Panzergrenediere on the Eastern Front fighting both the enemy and the elements.   ;D
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Steelgrave

Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 03, 2014, 05:06:48 PM
Quote from: Steelgrave on January 03, 2014, 05:03:52 PM
^Silly people, there's plenty of room here in Arizona  8)

talk to us in August

I've lived in hot and I've lived in cold. I'll take hot.

Seriously, even after living in Alaska for six years, living through three F-4 or better tornadoes in Oklahoma, and being in a tornado with rain coming down in sheets in Florida, the worst weather I ever experienced driving was leaving Flagstaff, Arizona in March heading west towards California and running into a surprise blizzard coming down the mountain. That was probably the most scared I've ever been driving. The suckage was enormously bad.

GDS_Starfury

most retire either there or here.  :-\
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

mirth

Quote from: W8taminute on January 03, 2014, 05:10:18 PM
There is something to be said however for living in extreme cold and snow areas.  Today when I was snowblowing my driveway it was 14 degrees out.  I felt like a Panzergrenediere on the Eastern Front fighting both the enemy and the elements.   ;D

14? Thats nice. Our high today was 9. For about 20min.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

W8taminute

^We must have had a heat wave then.   :D

That's pretty cold there mirth!
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

mirth

I can handle a few weeks every year of this shit much better than the heat and humidity. And please don't tell me about the 'dry heat'. It's a dry heat in Hell. You still sweat your balls off.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

GDS_Starfury

thats why I dont wear pants.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

mirth

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on January 03, 2014, 05:41:57 PM
thats why I dont wear pants.

Nice try, but we know better than that.

BanzaiCat

Quote from: mirth on January 03, 2014, 05:23:44 PM
I can handle a few weeks every year of this shit much better than the heat and humidity. And please don't tell me about the 'dry heat'. It's a dry heat in Hell. You still sweat your balls off.

I like Arizona, even in the summer. My wife's dad lives out there and we visit once or twice a year. I'm not stupid enough to stay out in the sun when it's 120 degrees outside, even if it doesn't feel like it in August. It's hard to go swimming without some kind of overhead cover, even, and sidewalks/roads are like hot plates. Compared to Houston, though, where we're swimming in humidity 98% of the year, Arizona's dry 120 is much more preferable to Houston's sticky 90.

Steelgrave

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 03, 2014, 07:52:39 PM
Quote from: mirth on January 03, 2014, 05:23:44 PM

I like Arizona, even in the summer. My wife's dad lives out there and we visit once or twice a year. I'm not stupid enough to stay out in the sun when it's 120 degrees outside, even if it doesn't feel like it in August. It's hard to go swimming without some kind of overhead cover, even, and sidewalks/roads are like hot plates. Compared to Houston, though, where we're swimming in humidity 98% of the year, Arizona's dry 120 is much more preferable to Houston's sticky 90.

Exactly! I'm a native Houstonian and you couldn't pay me enough to live there again. Compared to Houston's weather, Arizona is heaven. Not to mention the lack of allergens. If you don't have an outdoor job, Arizona is great.

Ubercat

Quote from: W8taminute on January 03, 2014, 05:10:18 PM

;D Haha! When I was in High school in Michigan and walking 1.5 miles home in the dead of winter, I'd pretend I was a German soldier on the Eastern Front carrying the barrel of an MG34 (my heavy book bag)
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

undercovergeek

Give me snow up to my waist, the cozy glow of Orange and yellow from the house windows, a real fire and a glass of single malt when I'm done anytime over Sun and heat and sweat

Staggerwing

Just one glass?  ;)

I have to concur about liking the cold better than the heat. I spend the hottest parts of the Summer feeling like I have the flu.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

BanzaiCat

I wouldn't mind living somewhere where it snows. Of course, that comes from growing up in N. VA and having good memories of five-foot blizzards that catered well to fifth-grader adventures.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers