More Pix For A Laugh

Started by bayonetbrant, January 16, 2013, 05:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Quote from: MetalDog on February 16, 2014, 05:21:00 PMYou people all hate me, don't you?  :P

Probiscously

Quote from: MetalDog on February 16, 2014, 05:21:00 PMYou people all hate me, don't you?  :P

OK, nost-rily

Maybe just snot-times
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

BanzaiCat

Oh, come on MD...snot all that bad.

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Steelgrave

Quote from: bob48 on February 16, 2014, 03:51:02 PM
Good job one of them was not Nostrildamus.

Clever boy!  LOL  ;D

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

JasonPratt

Quote from: Marty Ward on February 14, 2014, 11:08:45 AM
Any ideas on how to make it bigger? I'm talking about the attachment for all of you with minds in the gutter :)

Yeah, I worked out something upthread; but anyone who clicks once on it gets it embiggened automatically.

If you only have a jpg and not an address, follow these steps:

1.) post it as an attachment first (like you did with the Star Wars terrorism conspiracy).

2.) once it has posted, it now has an internet address, so use your browser software to copy the link location or the image location (for this purpose they seem to be the same thing) -- on my Firefox/Namoroka here at the office, those can be found from the pop-up menu by right-clicking your image in your post.

3.) edit your post by left-clicking the "modify" button at the far upper right of your post (near the "quote" button).

4.) In the little format buttons above your text edit window near the top left you'll find the Bold Italic Underline Strikethru buttons. Directly underneath the B button is the image button. Left-clicking that will auto-drop the {img}{/img} code wherever your cursor is in your post except the code will be in [square brackets] not {fancy brakcets} (which I'm using for demo purposes). You can also just type them if you want, but this prevents typo problems.

5.) Left click to put the cursor in between the img codes (if you typed them out -- if you used the button the cursor is already there), and paste the address you copied back in step 2.

In this case your address looked like this between the codes {img}http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=4411.0;attach=3200;image{/img}, except square brackets for the BBCode of course.

6.) You're done, post your edit. DO NOT DELETE YOUR ATTACHMENT FROM YOUR POST! Even though it's redundant, you need the attachment to stay with your post so your image has an address you can {img}.

The result looks like this.

You can quote my post in reply to double-check what the operating code looks like, if you want.

!!!!ALTERNATE MUCH SIMPLER METHOD WHICH WON'T RESULT IN ONE LARGE AND ONE SMALL PIC!!!!

Post your image like you've already been doing, but type something like "left click the image to embiggen" as part of your actual text body. Anyone reading the page who wants to look more closely at it can left click and embiggen it. :)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Tpek

bayonetbrant

BanzaiCat

bayonetbrant

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

bayonetbrant

BanzaiCat