More Pix For A Laugh

Started by bayonetbrant, January 16, 2013, 05:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

http://thechive.com/2014/09/29/how-did-no-one-check-these-before-building-30-photos/

Some of these are pretty funny, but #8 I could actually explain away pretty easily if someone went back and added the drywall later to separate the two floors of the bldg.  Doesn't explain why they didn't remove the railing though.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Mr. Bigglesworth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on September 30, 2014, 08:49:42 AM
http://thechive.com/2014/09/29/how-did-no-one-check-these-before-building-30-photos/

Some of these are pretty funny, but #8 I could actually explain away pretty easily if someone went back and added the drywall later to separate the two floors of the bldg.  Doesn't explain why they didn't remove the railing though.

Several seem to be cases of people thinking they get paid to put in item x. So they do it probably laughing at the same time.

The worst is the concrete over the railway. That could be criminal unless they are sure the track is not used.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

Barthheart

BanzaiCat

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Centurion40

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on September 28, 2014, 08:25:03 PM
someone snapped this shot after Gus got pulled over and was trying to talk his way out of the ticket.

Before Smuck gave him his haircut.
Any time is a good time for pie.

LongBlade

Quote from: Centurion40 on September 30, 2014, 03:13:16 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on September 28, 2014, 08:25:03 PM
someone snapped this shot after Gus got pulled over and was trying to talk his way out of the ticket.

Before Smuck gave him his haircut.

lol
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Windigo

Quote from: mirth on September 28, 2014, 06:47:59 PM
Quote from: LongBlade on September 27, 2014, 11:52:27 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on September 27, 2014, 10:51:10 PM
just cool:

http://news.distractify.com/people/old-school-cool/?variant=3&v=1

Major epic. Thanks for sharing.

Truly awesome!

This is how I picture us in the Grog Fortress

Me, the SLCG and the boomerang kid have "Royal Order of the Bathrobe" meetings on the back deck in the evenings [the warm ones]. Red wine/brandy and cigars. No matter how I try, the SLCG is not a brandy drinker.... she likes the white port though.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

bayonetbrant

bayonetbrant

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bob48

If, sign up, with him, I do,

English, my, will. Improve?
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!