More Pix For A Laugh

Started by bayonetbrant, January 16, 2013, 05:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Tpek on November 13, 2014, 08:21:31 AMI'm apparently a Robot (although I got to mention Ninja Turtles also made their debut the same year).

Robot here, too, but apparently I'm a decade older than you since I remember the TMNT spoof comic from Eastman & Laird before anyone had a clue what they were.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

Ah, okay. Just had to go back a page...I'm an Astronaut, apparently.

I remember the Eastman/Laird TMNT comics too, even saw the first movie in the theater back in 1990. I somewhat miss the days of blowing paychecks on comic books.  :'(

LongBlade

Quote from: Tpek on November 13, 2014, 08:21:31 AM
Wait... some of you people are ~80 years old?!  ??? ??? ???
(Wizards and Treasure Hunters)

I'm apparently a Robot (although I got to mention Ninja Turtles also made their debut the same year).

I'm with Banzai Cat in being confused.

Was there a link to a test I missed to the hero wheel, or did you guys just pick an archetype that seemed coolest?
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

bayonetbrant

^^
You pick it out by your birth year, like the Chinese zodiac
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

LongBlade

Quote from: bayonetbrant on November 13, 2014, 09:09:06 AM
^^
You pick it out by your birth year, like the Chinese zodiac

Thanks. Just figured that out.

Lame.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

mirth

LB's just mad that Aquaman isn't on the wheel.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

JasonPratt

Yep, Ninja/Samurai here. Thus explaining why I'm the only guy here who constantly uses a self-photo as my avatar.

(Though in my case it's more than )
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

BanzaiCat

He'll fin of a good comeback that'll be good enough to fillet thread.

JasonPratt

Quote from: mirth on November 13, 2014, 09:14:24 AM

Aquaman is obviously Daikaiju.  :tickedoff:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Tpek

Quote from: bayonetbrant on November 13, 2014, 08:59:39 AM
Quote from: Tpek on November 13, 2014, 08:21:31 AMI'm apparently a Robot (although I got to mention Ninja Turtles also made their debut the same year).

Robot here, too, but apparently I'm a decade older than you since I remember the TMNT spoof comic from Eastman & Laird before anyone had a clue what they were.

If you're Robot too then you're just as old as I am :P
And I didn't use to read comics back in the day (not to mention we didn't have all the TMNT crap Americans had).

bayonetbrant

Quote from: JasonPratt on November 13, 2014, 09:19:29 AM
Yep, Ninja/Samurai here. Thus explaining why I'm the only guy here who constantly uses a self-photo as my avatar.

How do you know mine isn't?!

Mr. Bigglesworth

The uncertain look in the eyes. The rest probably fits.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

Bison

Centurion40

Quote from: Bison on November 13, 2014, 12:56:48 PM
Quote from: mirth on November 13, 2014, 09:14:24 AM
True.

I was going to say that "Superhero" is on the wheel, but that wouldn't apply to Aquaman either.  :coolsmiley:
Any time is a good time for pie.