More Pix For A Laugh

Started by bayonetbrant, January 16, 2013, 05:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

JasonPratt

Explaining the Knoxville oyster joke again: there actually IS a small restaurant in the mountains southeast of Knoxville, which caters to the nearby retired/rich clientele (who settled in the area for the view and the climate), by bringing in salt-and-freshwater food from all across North America everyday, delivered if I recall correctly by helicopter.

That's probably what the joke is referring to specifically, aside from the general disparity. My brother and I and his frat buddies would make jokes like that whenever we passed it on the way to a particular golf course nearby in the mountains.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Marty Ward

Quote from: JasonPratt on June 23, 2015, 02:22:56 PM
Explaining the Knoxville oyster joke again: there actually IS a small restaurant in the mountains southeast of Knoxville, which caters to the nearby retired/rich clientele (who settled in the area for the view and the climate), by bringing in salt-and-freshwater food from all across North America everyday, delivered if I recall correctly by helicopter.

That's probably what the joke is referring to specifically, aside from the general disparity. My brother and I and his frat buddies would make jokes like that whenever we passed it on the way to a particular golf course nearby in the mountains.

We have steamed crabs in Maryland year round. They are local only in the summer. They fly them in from the Gulf and the SE coast the rest of the time. In this day and age you can have fresh seafood anywhere, at the right price. :)
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bbmike

Quote from: Marty Ward on June 23, 2015, 03:27:27 PM
We have steamed crabs in Maryland year round. They are local only in the summer. They fly them in from the Gulf and the SE coast the rest of the time. In this day and age you can have fresh seafood anywhere, at the right price. :)

Careful. They can also be flown in from China, Vietnam, etc.  :o

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

BanzaiCat

Frikkin' Commie shellfish!

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

besilarius

Is  that a beach in Florida?
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

bayonetbrant

bayonetbrant

Martok

Quote from: Barthheart on June 22, 2015, 09:46:53 AM

Truth. 

Quote from: bayonetbrant on June 23, 2015, 06:12:42 AM

LOL!  Ah, if only... 

Quote from: Barthheart on June 23, 2015, 07:38:18 AM
UCG or mirth....

Hahaha!  That's great.  People should be nailed with a squirt bottle anytime they employ meaningless/empty corporate buzzwords. 

Quote from: bayonetbrant on June 23, 2015, 05:33:54 PM

Heh.  Well that's one of the more amusing ways I've heard of shutting down one's (probably soon to be ex-)girlfriend.  ;D 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Marty Ward

Quote from: bbmike on June 23, 2015, 03:54:37 PM
Quote from: Marty Ward on June 23, 2015, 03:27:27 PM

Careful. They can also be flown in from China, Vietnam, etc.  :o

I know. A lot of the packaged crab meat is from there.
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!

mirth

mirth