More Pix For A Laugh

Started by bayonetbrant, January 16, 2013, 05:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Barthheart on January 25, 2017, 09:50:33 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on January 25, 2017, 09:32:39 AM
Put that on the back of 'lost' box sets

Yeah, that was my first thought.... :P

Except there's no level of rational brain power that could possibly justify watching Lost.

Pete Dero

BanzaiCat

She's not stupid, but she's adamant. And types "alot" instead of "a lot."  ::)

Sir Slash

People weren't talking about Back To The Future in 1955 but they talking about people like her.  ::)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 25, 2017, 12:51:03 PM

Except there's no level of rational brain power that could possibly justify watching Lost.

Lost doesn't fit the joke: it wasn't a weak pilot episode, but one of the best ever made, and the first few episodes were fine as continuing with the setup. It was only later (like, for example, season two) that things started to go off the rails.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Ubercat

Agreed. Season 1 was fantastic. So many delicious mysteries later turned into so many unresolved plot threads, or worse, cop out nonsense explanations that any fifth grader could have made up in a day.  >:(
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

undercovergeek

Quote from: JasonPratt on January 25, 2017, 04:07:11 PM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 25, 2017, 12:51:03 PM

Lost doesn't fit the joke: it wasn't a weak pilot episode, but one of the best ever made, and the first few episodes were fine as continuing with the setup. It was only later (like, for example, season two) that things started to go off the rails.

It doesn't say they're watching episode 1  :P

besilarius

And we're all in steerage while those alternate icebergs floe around.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Ubercat on January 25, 2017, 11:39:20 PM
Agreed. Season 1 was fantastic. So many delicious mysteries later turned into so many unresolved plot threads, or worse, cop out nonsense explanations that any fifth grader could have made up in a day.  >:(

Oh, I agree...that's what sucked me in to watching it. BUt it went off the rails I think before the end of S1. That didn't stop me, unfortunately. I gave up midway through season 5. (Watched on Netflix, too.)

JasonPratt

I was... .... let's call it "fortunate" enough, to get the whole series on Blu and binge watch it (with the parents).

I enjoyed it through to the end (not as much as Galactica, which finished out better), but I could sure tell they were pulling plot routinely from their asses. If I had been invested in the show from the beginning and lived through the failure of the morbidly false promises, phew I'd've been livid.

One of my cousins and her boyfriend got finished binging Lost before Christmas, and all excited she asked, "Did y'all figure out it was purgatory from the beginning?" I couldn't figure out how to answer that the Island was never purgatory, although they did introduce something like purgatory in the final season -- the Island turned out to be something much goofier than purgatory.

So I only answered, "...well, I had heard that it was before we started watching."
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Pete Dero

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Barthheart

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

mirth