More Pix For A Laugh

Started by bayonetbrant, January 16, 2013, 05:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

What would have happened if Marty banged Lorraine and become his own father?
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

bayonetbrant

Quote from: mirth on October 29, 2017, 11:31:00 AM

That's a different movie

[spoiler](yeah, yeah, I know, he's actually his own grandfather...  go with it)[/spoiler]
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

I'm happy to say I've never seen that movie.

Steelgrave

I think Heinlein wrote something like that in one of his novels  :coolsmiley:

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 29, 2017, 11:38:50 AM

That's a different movie

[spoiler](yeah, yeah, I know, he's actually his own grandfather...  go with it)[/spoiler]

This says it all:

QuoteThe movie was scored, produced and co-written (with director William Dear) by Michael Nesmith

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timerider%3A_The_Adventure_of_Lyle_Swann

mirth

BanzaiCat

Sheeiiiiit, you ain't livin' till you seen MegaForce!

(I recommend the RiffTrax version on Amazon Prime, though.)

I saw this when it came out when I was in middle school and thought it was just the most bad-ass thing I'd ever seen in my life. Fast forward 34-some years and I see the RiffTrax version and I'm just "WTF was I thinking" the whole time...

mirth

I'm quite familiar with Mega Force. The Rifftrax version is really the only way to watch it.

BanzaiCat

I'm really trying not to pee my pants laughing right now. I mean, onesies Spandex suits unzipped to mid-navel and silk scarf headbands?  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

It was still entertaining as hell, thanks to Rifftrax. Some movies I can't watch without some kind of riff treatment. MANOS is a perfect example of that.

BanzaiCat

Oh hell...'Stone Cold' is on Amazon Prime as a RiffTrax flick. Guess I know what I'm doing for the next 1.5 hours... :DD

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Steelgrave on October 29, 2017, 11:50:43 AM

I think Heinlein wrote something like that in one of his novels  :coolsmiley:

Not exactly.  In To Sail Beyond the Sunset he does go back in time and fall in love with his mother, but she's already knocked up.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

Quote from: BanzaiCat on October 29, 2017, 12:49:43 PM
Oh hell...'Stone Cold' is on Amazon Prime as a RiffTrax flick. Guess I know what I'm doing for the next 1.5 hours... :DD

Rifftrax are mental candy. You can easily waste an entire day binge-watching several of them.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: mirth on October 29, 2017, 11:40:33 AM
I'm happy to say I've never seen that movie.

It's a total cheezy-bad popcorn flick that you'd put on at 2am when you need your brain turned off and something atrocious to watch.  Right up there with Parker Kane, Warlords of the 23rd Century, Dreamcatcher, Where Eagles Dare, and The Phantom Menace.

BanzaiCat

The cheesy king is, to me, Knight Riders. Ed Harris FTW, man!