Feedback on Review of World at War: Blood & Bridges

Started by bayonetbrant, July 14, 2014, 06:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Mark Walker's game of combat dentistry is finally reviewed* by the incomparable Mr Eckenfels.  Tell us what you think!

* to be fair, it got here before the Panthers in the Fog reviewperware
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Jack Nastyface

Excellent review.  I gifted this game to a fellow grogheader a while back, and now I am (slightly) regretting it!  What I find most interesting (about the game and review) is that when I first looked at the game, I admit to being overwhelmed by all the numbers on the counters.  My gut instinct told me "Oh no! This will be worse than ASL!"  After reading the review, I see it definitely isn't as onerous.  Just goes to show you the value of good, insightful review.  Well done.
Now, the problem is, how to divide five Afghans from three mules and have two Englishmen left over.