Just More Proof Metal and Obama don't Mix

Started by MIGMaster, April 18, 2012, 09:02:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Quote from: LongBlade on April 20, 2012, 08:51:41 AMI buy one stinking dress as a gift and suddenly every advertising engine in the country thinks I'm a cross-dresser.

that doesn't mean they're wrong!
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Staggerwing

Quote from: LongBlade on April 20, 2012, 08:51:41 AM

I'm less worried about the data mining by private companies - if they do something stupid I just get an ad for something useless. But just imagine this kind of stupidity tied to predicting crime. Then the real keystone kops start partying.

Exactly my point. Remember, you are all my associates now...
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

LongBlade

Quote from: Staggerwing on April 20, 2012, 09:03:30 AM
Quote from: LongBlade on April 20, 2012, 08:51:41 AM

I'm less worried about the data mining by private companies - if they do something stupid I just get an ad for something useless. But just imagine this kind of stupidity tied to predicting crime. Then the real keystone kops start partying.

Exactly my point. Remember, you are all my associates now...

And vice versa.

Can you imagine what the data tags look like? Nazi, cross-dressing, violent game playing, techno savvy, hot wimmen lovin, dog owning, car driving, gun nut, dvd watching, music listening...have we left anything wacky out?

Surely there's a phrase for this? Data mining proves you're the idiot you deserve?
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Staggerwing

Quote from: LongBlade on April 20, 2012, 09:09:18 AM
Can you imagine what the data tags look like? Nazi, cross-dressing, violent game playing, techno savvy, hot wimmen lovin, dog owning, car driving, gun nut, dvd watching, music listening...have we left anything wacky out?

Just a bit of survivalist tech lore and a back and forth about how many old smoke detectors one needs to get to harvest a small amount of radioactive material vs how many trips to go dumpster diving behind the Nuclear Medicine labs. That aught to do it.  ::)
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bayonetbrant

Quote from: LongBlade on April 20, 2012, 09:09:18 AMhave we left anything wacky out?

guess we need subforums for the occult, and comic books

then we should have our bases covered
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

LongBlade

Quote from: bayonetbrant on April 20, 2012, 09:22:21 AM
Quote from: LongBlade on April 20, 2012, 09:09:18 AMhave we left anything wacky out?

I'm personally not much of a fan of the occult, but I'm sure someone around here can pick up the slack.

As for comics, I'm down with that.

bayonetbrant

LongBlade

LongBlade

LongBlade

son_of_montfort

Once Obama wins, I suspect that Zombie Ted Nugent will be a good Halloween costume, based on his comments.

Or Prison-Break Ted Nugent.

I never cared for the Nug, but even without that, I would know better than to put any stock into his drug-addled statements. The flap over this indicate a pretty slow press cycle, IMHO.

I don't care if actors express themselves religiously and politically. What would the gossip rags do if they didn't? And think of the hit to the economy if our gossip rags went out of business! Tom Cruise alone was responsible for the economic bubble during the Bush years.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Centurion40

Quote from: MIGMaster on April 19, 2012, 10:29:17 PM
Quote from: LongBlade on April 19, 2012, 03:24:42 PM
Quote from: Windigo on April 19, 2012, 03:22:43 PM
wrong how...that you'll get the government you deserve or that Obama will get back in if dumbass' keep making scary shit comments againsts democrats

Last two polls indicate Romney ahead of Obama. One is within the margin of error. The other not.

Just wait 'til all us Canucks sneak across the border and vote like last time  ;)

Shush you!!  We only ever crossed to vote for Slick Willy!!  ;)  Oh and to buy cheap booze, smokes, and gas!!
Any time is a good time for pie.

Centurion40

Quote from: LongBlade on April 20, 2012, 09:30:44 AM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on April 20, 2012, 09:22:21 AM

I'm personally not much of a fan of the occult, but I'm sure someone around here can pick up the slack.

Sonny, Gus and I could cover it!

Centurion40

Quote from: LongBlade on April 20, 2012, 09:38:45 AM
In other news: http://fuckyeahhalloweencostumes.tumblr.com/

Not underground any more....

Admittedly, those are pretty awesome, topped-off by the transformer gif kid.

LongBlade

I'm afraid I might have to bring this thread back on track.

Ted Nugent is in trouble again. He apparently went beyond his limit hunting black bear in Alaska.

QuoteA plea agreement with federal prosecutors signed by Nugent says he illegally shot and killed the bear in May 2009 on Sukkwan Island in southeast Alaska after wounding another bear in a bow hunt. The bow incident counted toward a state seasonal limit of one bear.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/04/24/ted-nugent-to-plead-guilty-to-illegal-black-bear-kill