Greetings to Fellow Gamers

Started by Wild Bill Wilder, February 20, 2015, 04:22:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

Tell it like it is Colonel. Radical Terrorists that need more job opportunities. :2funny: Who would really prefer to work at Starbucks or Burger Caliphate  but just can't. Because you can't run a fryer while wearing a bomb belt.  :P  Great counters by the way.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Wild Bill Wilder

Good point, Slash! They are already employed. The killing and looting they've done in the last few years is the kind of salary they enjoy. Why work at a menial job when you can just lop off someone's head and take what is his?

There is one answer for this kind of brutality and I know you know what it is...God give us some leaders who can stand strong instead of bow down!

Sir Slash

Amen Colonel. Along with a few good grunts who can shoot straight.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Wild Bill Wilder

Oh yeah! One way or the other, that kind of day is coming. I can't see Isis saying, "well, I guess we had better stop this. People might shoot at us." To the contrary,they want us to shoot at them. They are challenging us to do so. They keep baiting us to react. I just hope the right reaction does not come on the heels of some hellish act on their part.

bob48

^+1 Agreed, my thoughts exactly.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

GJK

Quote from: Wild Bill Wilder on February 25, 2015, 02:09:20 PM
Guess what, I did a board game variant of ASL board game (anyone remember it...still play it?) on what I call Enduring Freedom 2, Operation Payback. It is a series of engagements assuming that the US, Kurds and Iraqi trained troops decide to take on Isis and Al Qaeda. A three fold thrust from northern Syria, against Fallujah in the south and near Mosul (with the Kurdish Freedom fighters). I design my own counters and I'll see if I can put up a few here. How I wish I had some testers for these scenarios (5 of them). Thoughts?

Call me a bum because I usually only hang out in the "boardgaming" section and so have just now seen this -

Firstly, I hope that you're still checking in here Bill, and welcome.  What a privilege to have you amongst us here!

Secondly, on this request for playtesters....yes, avid ASL player here and this variant of yours is something that is of great interest to me.  I'll see if I can contact you offsite here to see what it is that you need; be it a VASSAL module or graphic work or just playing the scenarios.  I'd be all over this!

Again, welcome!
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Double Deuce

Man, I somehow missed this too so I guess it's a belated welcome Wild Bill.