Main Menu

SpaceX

Started by steve58, April 13, 2015, 03:23:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirAndrewD

NASA's CGI skills are very impressive. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Staggerwing

They have an in with the Disney Industrial Complex.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Con

Say what you will about Elon Musk being an ego maniac loony and terrible person - he has built something amazing with spaceX.  Watching it lift off and the booster return - the technology and engineering just amazes.

Pete Dero

Coupling ISS and Dragon can be watched live right now.

Docking is scheduled to occur at 10:30 a.m. EDT (14:30 GMT).
The vehicle's hatch will open around 12:45 p.m. EDT (16:45 GMT).

steve58

Docked!  Very cool seeing it live.

Well "soft capture" anyway.  Guess a step or two more for complete docking.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

steve58

I did not realize SpaceX was recovering the nosecone fairings as well as the boosters.  Apparently they just made their first double fairing capture.  O0 

https://www.engadget.com/space-x-falcon-9-005622474.html

OK, capture of both fairings are in a video in the link below.  Could not embed the YT vid for some reason...

https://www.americaspace.com/2020/07/20/spacex-launches-anasis-ii-for-south-korea-atop-record-breaking-falcon-9/
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

steve58

steve58

live now

splashdown  :clap:

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

steve58

SpaceX makes 1st successful landing of their Starship on 60 year anniversary of Alan Shepard's history-making flight to become the first American in space.   O0

https://redstate.com/scotthounsell/2021/05/06/watch-spacex-does-the-impossible-lands-sn15-after-flawless-flight-n375174

Gusington

That is awesome.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

steve58

Landing #200.  I think they've got this landing thing figured out.

https://twitter.com/SpaceX/status/1668418954170347521

Sir Slash

Well done Space X.  :Applause:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Crossroads

Never ceases to amaze me how they are able to do that
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

GDS_Starfury

elmo's moved on to blowing up twitter  :Loser:
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.