Main Menu

SpaceX

Started by steve58, April 13, 2015, 03:23:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Rekim

Very cool.  As with the Apollo moon landings, I suspect this will likely be considered pedestrian by the masses in a few short missions. From the near impossible to the mundane in just a handful of launches. I'm not too worried as I am suspect SpaceX will be keeping us entertained for a long time to come.

My employer is a satellite operator and recently announced that they will launch their next two satellites on Falcon 9 rockets. For each launch the company holds a raffle for two employees to attend the launch. Rest assured I will be buying my share of tickets for those shows. Too bad they don't include the landing.

Rekim

SpaceX Falcon 9 Development Supercut 

steve58

Nice vid, thanks Rekim  O0
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

DoctorQuest

If you think how many rockets NASA blew up trying to get anywhere this is very impressive. To expect zero failures with this type of new tech is completely unreasonable.

Great video. Thanks for sharing.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Rekim

Another awesome video of falcon 9 flights released by SpaceX. Taken with high speed cameras.

steve58

SpaceX launches satellite; 4th landing on drone ship in ocean.  What was once a fantastic accomplishment is quickly becoming the norm...  O0 

...looks like another bullseye!

JasonPratt

Just realized ...we are now at last reaching 1950s sci-fi era technology!  O0  :smitten:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Staggerwing

Quote from: JasonPratt on August 16, 2016, 02:21:41 PM
Just realized ...we are now at last reaching 1950s sci-fi era technology!  O0  :smitten:

Then where is my ray gun with improbably-placed cooling fins?   :(
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

steve58

Explosion at Space X launch pad.  Initial reports say no one was hurt.   O0  Another, hopefully minor,  setback for Space X.

http://www.floridatoday.com/story/tech/science/space/spacex/2016/09/01/explosion-reported-spacex-pad/89710076/

Con

"Lock the doors no one leaves"

Con

Sir Slash

Damn! Was that Red Bull in there?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

steve58

Here's the vid of the explosion.  Starts around the 1:10 mark.

Staggerwing

That looks harsh. Elon Musk is going to have to sell a bunch of Teslas to cover the cost of Zuckerberg's satellite. Might have to panel a few more roofs with solar panels as well.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Barthheart

Nah... stuff like that is covered by insurance.