Choose My Next AAR

Started by BanzaiCat, May 27, 2015, 07:52:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeGER

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on May 27, 2015, 12:12:03 PM
55 views and only 6 votes? Really?  :D
only logged.on users can vote, but all guests views got counted, isn't it

i voted Hornet Leader  but also like Shadow of Brimstone

Banzai_Cat did you ever thought about doing a YT video  AAR instead of a written AAR.
(as a good example, i like this guy named "Callasmar" approach to the task  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tN2P6FSP7g)

BanzaiCat

Quote from: MikeGER on May 28, 2015, 06:09:10 AM
only logged.on users can vote, but all guests views got counted, isn't it

Good point, Mike.

i voted Hornet Leader  but also like Shadow of Brimstone

Good choices both. Both have large footprints but I might be able to keep Hornet Leader out as opposed to Shadows. Doesn't matter; I'd figure it out.

Banzai_Cat did you ever thought about doing a YT video  AAR instead of a written AAR.
(as a good example, i like this guy named "Callasmar" approach to the task  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tN2P6FSP7g)

I have, actually, but I do not have a video camera. I have one on my work laptop I could use, but that would be awkward. I do have access to cameras at work, but they are owned by another employee and I don't want to ask to borrow his camera so I can do a game review/AAR, lol. He owns a couple of GoPros which I did think about, too. Thing is, though, this guy is a gamer and probably would totally let me; he's already asked for the links to our GrogCast. Hmm, maybe I'll talk to him about it.

BanzaiCat

Added Star Wars: Imperial Assault, just because. Y'all should be able to change your votes if you need to.

Emeraldlis

I NEED to change my vote to Star Wars , but how does one go about doing that ??

And can I vote for it more than once ...not that I'm trying to tamper with the voting system ...or maybe I am , but come on people it's STAR WARS !!! 😍

Maybe some tech guy around on these boards would also like to explain to a complete technophobe , (me) how do you put people's quotes in the the blue box things !!!! I have tried and I'm getting no where fast , and I bet it's very simple ...a little like I'm feeling right now , simple !
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

bayonetbrant

to quote someone else's post, you click the "Quote" button above their post on the far right side of the page.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Emeraldlis

Ah brant I knew I was missing summat !!

Maybe I can be the village idiot ...every village has one !  :idiot2:
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

Emeraldlis

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on May 28, 2015, 10:06:12 AM
Added Star Wars: Imperial Assault, just because. Y'all should be able to change your votes if you need to.

How do I change my vote now .... ::)

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Emeraldlis on May 28, 2015, 03:03:28 PM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on May 28, 2015, 10:06:12 AM

How do I change my vote now .... ::)

go to the top and select "remove vote" and then change your vote
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Emeraldlis

MikeGER

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on May 28, 2015, 07:00:05 AM
.... so I can do a game review/AAR, lol. He owns a couple of GoPros which I did think about, too. Thing is, though, this guy is a gamer and probably would totally let me; he's already asked for the links to our GrogCast. Hmm, maybe I'll talk to him about it.

i can  recommend getting an older GoPro on eBay, it doesn't has to be the latest model
(when my GoPro Hero2 somehow hard-brigged, after a fall with USB charging cable sticking in, i got a used replacement at eBay because i have all those fitting housings and all the stuff for that model)

it can be used for all kind of documentation / hobby / surveillance  ...tasks/ideas that suddenly pop up around the house/hobby or your sports activity when you own a cam.   the timelapse from 0.5 , 1, 2, 5, 10, 30 to 60 sec comes very handy, its not only the videos (and i record with 60 frames usualy so i alwawy have 1:2 slowmow when i want to use that later)
only restrictions for the Hero2, it doesnt work with 'only starlight' maybe under a full moon (i have to test that :) )
that cam need some light, it cant be used for example for a moving night-sky timelaspe over a landscape ...and if you want to film raceing in the city by nithgtime with a sportcar or such, better get the latest model which is improved a bit for night-work

besilarius

I'm voting ECW.  However, there is a Hornet Leader variant where great Cthulu awakes and happens to be next to a carrier task force.
The ensuing dustup between Hornets and Great Old Ones would be epic.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

BanzaiCat

1st - Hapsburg Eclipse
2nd - Hornet Leader
3rd (tie) - Star Wars Imperial Assault and Cruel Necessity

With the ending of the Ottoman Sunset AAR, I'll move on the next one after June 20. I'll be on another trip out of the country from June 13-20 and don't want to start something now that I'd have to break off from for a week. So I'll leave this open for about three more weeks. :)

Thanks all, for providing your feedback. Hopefully we get some more votes in.

bob48

Quote from: Emeraldlis on May 28, 2015, 03:00:38 PM
Ah brant I knew I was missing summat !!

Maybe I can be the village idiot ...every village has one !  :idiot2:

I applied for the job as village idiot, but apparently, I was overqualified.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

besilarius

I understand that the further you go from the Grand Trunk Railway, the standards are lower.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

BanzaiCat

I changed the poll (again). Added Patton's Best to see if there's any interest in that one.

Also, very likely an AAR of Hornet Leader will be in the works in a few weeks regardless of poll outcome...along with whatever DOES win, here.

I want to do an AAR of all of these things, to be honest. As I have some other things going on though I had to put the B-17 and B-29 AARs on hold (well, the plans for starting 'em anyway) until later this summer.

So, I'll start an AAR of Hornet Leader and then an AAR of whatever you guys decide on here. In case of a two-way tie, I will flip a coin. If more than that end up tying, I will figure out some other random way of choosing one.