Annapolis city council authorizes first ever 'Go Army, Beat Navy Day,'...sort of

Started by Airborne Rifles, November 04, 2015, 08:42:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Airborne Rifles

http://www.capitalgazette.com/news/naval_academy/ph-ac-cn-prank-1105-20151104-story.html

http://www.navytimes.com/story/military/2015/11/04/west-point-grad-pranks-annapolis-go-army-day/75165752/

:2funny:

A guy who was a cadet at USMA when I was there managed to pull an Onion on Yahoo news with a fake story that the town of Annapolis was changing their college allegiance. Yahoo news ran with the story for a while, indicating that their news isn't as well vetted as they might like us to believe.

Now...if we could only actually beat Navy this year...

Anyway, Go Army! Beat Navy!

MetalDog

There's a big Army presence here where I live and they broadcast the Army football games every Saturday.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

besilarius

Back when Roger Staubach was a firstie at Annapolis, they had a photo shoot before the football season.
The coach was talking to a reporter and when he turned around, just about swallowed his tongue.
Being a nice guy to please the photographer, Roger was sitting on the goat.
"Get Roger off that BLEEEPING GOAT!"  (Family appropriate version.)

Was surprised the national news didn't do something with that.  However, the Academy juniors yelled that at the opposing team after every touchdown that year.
Often wondered what Army thought of that when it was yelled at them.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

Gusington

A few weeks ago while at the Army/Bucknell game I saw the Army donkeys close up. They were being groomed and cleaned and I noticed one of their manure buckets was labeled 'Navy Think Tank' :)

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Quote from: Gusington on November 05, 2015, 09:42:52 AM
They were being groomed and cleaned and I noticed one of their manure buckets was labeled 'Navy Think Tank' :)

Were there any Uggs at the think tank?
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd