Iranian sailors chase off pirates attacking U.S. ship

Started by 0kult13, May 25, 2012, 01:00:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0kult13

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/05/24/world/meast/iran-pirates/index.html?eref=mrss_igoogle_cnn

"Iranian sailors helped scare off armed pirates who attacked an American cargo ship in the Gulf of Oman, Iranian state media reported Thursday."

A jolly nice thing to do considering.

Jarhead0331

Considering what?

US Navy sailors have rescued Iranian merchants dozens of times.  Funny how you ignored that part of the article.

American forces assisted or rescued Iranians at sea several times in January.

U.S. sailors aboard a guided-missile destroyer aided the crew of a sinking Iranian fishing vessel in the Arabian Sea. The U.S. Coast Guard rescued six Iranian mariners at the northern end of the Persian Gulf, the Pentagon said. And the destroyer USS Kidd rescued 13 Iranian sailors from a hijacked fishing boat near the Strait of Hormuz.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

0kult13

I did not, thats why i posted the link for all to see big fella, always so aggessive in your posts. Considering all the Sanctions and embargos and nonsense over nuclear weapons. His is a good thing showing that sailors of both nations put politics aside and help each other out in the face of a common problem.  8)

Jarhead0331

Quote from: 0kult13 on May 25, 2012, 08:47:24 AM
I did not, thats why i posted the link for all to see big fella, always so aggessive in your posts. Considering all the Sanctions and embargos and nonsense over nuclear weapons. His is a good thing showing that sailors of both nations put politics aside and help each other out in the face of a common problem.  8)

Nobody is going to fall for your nonsense.  Everybody here knows you would sell out your own people in favor of the axis of evil. Everybody here knows you're in favor of Iran obtaining nuclear weapons.  Everybody here knows you're again, attempting to paint Iran in a positive light and cast the west as the bad guy.

We know who you are and what you are trying to do.  Don't expect me to sit by quietly when you do it.  If you don't like the response and can't stand the heat, well, stay out of the kitchen.  You're a pretty ok guy when you're talking about games, but when you open your mouth to talk about politics, you do not come across as very rational. And, in case you didn't know, that's me putting it VERY nicely.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

I thought that the US Navy helping out Iranian sailors was pretty common knowledge.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on May 25, 2012, 09:38:56 AM
I thought that the US Navy helping out Iranian sailors was pretty common knowledge.

It is, unless your turning the other cheek and willfully ignoring it.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

0kult13

"Everybody here knows you would sell out your own people in favor of the axis of evil. Everybody here knows you're in favor of Iran obtaining nuclear weapons.  Everybody here knows you're again, attempting to paint Iran in a positive light and cast the west as the bad guy."

Ouch, granted I'm not a chanting flag waver taking my opinion from tv but really... that's a bit hollywood. I said everyone should have nukes not just Iran, not that they even want them. I just thought it was a cool story showing that sailors were helping each other out against pirates. My angle is to paint the msm in a negative light, coz they wont play this while there is profit in Iran as a bad guy, a boy do they need a bad guy now.     

Jarhead0331

Quote from: 0kult13 on May 25, 2012, 01:30:13 PM

Ouch, granted I'm not a chanting flag waver taking my opinion from tv but really... that's a bit hollywood.

I would have sworn that you got your opinions from TV...Al Jazeera, that is.  Where exactly do you get your opinions from?

I said everyone should have nukes not just Iran...

Now there is a rational, level-headed opinion... :o

...not that they even want them.

So Iran has avowed to wipe Israel off the face of the planet.  Just what kind of weapon do you think they intend to do that with?  A spit ball?  Its hard to believe that an educated, well-reasoned individual could actually believe that Iran does not "even want them."  Seriously...

I just thought it was a cool story showing that sailors were helping each other out against pirates. My angle is to paint the msm in a negative light, coz they wont play this while there is profit in Iran as a bad guy, a boy do they need a bad guy now.     

You can't have your cake and eat it too.  Do you think its just a "cool story," or are you trying to paint the "msm" in a negative light?  I can't comment further, because in my ignorance, I'm drawing a blank on "msm."  Mainstream media?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Keunert

Jarhead: are you sure that if Iran obtains the bomb they will use it to attack Israel?

i rather think that they will use it more like Northkorea as an empowering tool.

not that i will want to find out if my guess is right or wrong. a world with a nuclear empowered
Iran is another nightmare.
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

Special K has too much class.
Windigo

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Keunert on May 25, 2012, 03:01:46 PM
Jarhead: are you sure that if Iran obtains the bomb they will use it to attack Israel?

i rather think that they will use it more like Northkorea as an empowering tool.

I don't think any behavior out of that regime can be predicted because its leadership is wildly unpredictable.  So, when it comes to Iran's course of action if it obtains nuclear weapon capability, I'm not sure of anything.  But like you, why the hell risk finding out?

All I know is Iran has threatened to "wipe Israel off the map" and "eliminate Israel from the pages of history." That seems like a pretty drastic action that can only be accomplished with WMDs.  Iran, should not have them.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Keunert

Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

Special K has too much class.
Windigo

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Mr. Bigglesworth

Quote from: Gusington on May 26, 2012, 11:12:27 AM
Why should "everyone have nuclear weapons"?

Why should everyone have guns? Neither makes sense to me.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

0kult13

Quote from: Mr. Bigglesworth on May 26, 2012, 11:51:57 AM
Quote from: Gusington on May 26, 2012, 11:12:27 AM
Why should "everyone have nuclear weapons"?

spot on..

Iran would not be a nightmare either, look at the stats compared to the west

number of country's they have actually tried to invade/occupy in the last 50 years
number of nukes used in anger
number of nukes lost
military inferstructure world wide

these boys just ain't taking over the world any time soon,  and no-one is falling for the old arms race gig. all they need to do to win is 2 fold.
stop using dollars and not be a threat, and the west's military industrial complex has no enemy. every empire falls due to economic collapse. Well unless they play the last card.. as werner von braun put it.   

LongBlade

Quote from: Mr. Bigglesworth on May 26, 2012, 11:51:57 AM

Not everyone should. Just US citizens, who have it guaranteed as a right.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.