Main Menu

Master of Orion IV

Started by Anguille, February 18, 2016, 08:47:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Anguille on February 18, 2016, 05:12:49 PM
Quote from: Martok on February 18, 2016, 03:29:18 PM
It's just about the most generic-looking space 4x title I've seen in a long time; the only thing "unique" about it is its pedigree. 
I agree. I don't see anything innovative in this game which is too bad because MOO3 was extremely innovative (even if the implementation wasn't a big success). However it looks nice and very polished but most of all, it's got a big advantage....it's going to be released next week. O0

+1 regarding MOO3. Extremely innovative. I'm inspired to make a Let's Play Video of a modded MOO3 game.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

bbmike

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 18, 2016, 05:18:35 PM

+1 regarding MOO3. Extremely innovative. I'm inspired to make a Let's Play Video of a modded MOO3 game.

I'd be inspired to watch that video.  O0
Which patch flavor do you prefer? I think the one I was using was Tropical.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Jarhead0331

^I use tropical mostly, but do have an install with vanilla. The later simply fixes bugs, while the former includes a lot of new features to enhance the game play experience and make it more "authentic".
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Anguille

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 18, 2016, 05:18:35 PM
Quote from: Anguille on February 18, 2016, 05:12:49 PM
Quote from: Martok on February 18, 2016, 03:29:18 PM
It's just about the most generic-looking space 4x title I've seen in a long time; the only thing "unique" about it is its pedigree. 
I agree. I don't see anything innovative in this game which is too bad because MOO3 was extremely innovative (even if the implementation wasn't a big success). However it looks nice and very polished but most of all, it's got a big advantage....it's going to be released next week. O0

I'd be very much interested to follow this... O0

Grim.Reaper

I must be blind, I see people mention the cost for EA, but couldn't find it...can someone provide what the cost will be?  Thanks!

Barthheart

$49.99  :o

Now .... mind you that gets you the super mondo version (forget the actual name) so there's that....

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Barthheart on February 18, 2016, 07:22:54 PM
$49.99  :o

Ah, thanks, yeah, that is a little steep...but not sure if that has ever stopped me before:)

Boggit

I've just been emailed from Sauron, who tells me the combat he's seen in the game is a disappointment. His advice to me is to stick with MOO2.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Anguille

we have barely seen anything from combat (about 2 seconds). We will see.

RedArgo

Have they revealed if combat will be turn based or real-time?  I think I'd prefer an improved version of MOO2, with individual ships.

Anguille

It's going to be real-time but should be manageble. Will be able to tell you more next week.

Martok

Looking forward to hearing your input, Anguille.  We can always stand to have more good 4x games, regardless of their design.  :) 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

RedArgo

Yeah, thanks Anguille, hopefully you don't end up taking one for the team. :)

RedArgo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbsZGGsjNaQ&feature=youtu.be

Somebody posted this link at Quarter to Three.

Have you guys seen this?  It looks nice, but not much substance in the video.  That spinning planet with buildings on it looks nice, but maybe hard to manage? The combat footage, if it isn't just cinematics, don't look like you have any control once the shooting starts.  But it was only a few seconds of footage.

Looking forward to Friday to see what people have to say.

Jarhead0331

I'm sensing a disturbance in the force. Just too few details on actual features that will be in the game, even in early access.

I'll be getting it, but I'm expecting to be disappointed.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog