[closed]Dom 4 Christmas 2016 !

Started by Yskonyn, December 03, 2016, 01:37:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamus34

I haven't played enough empires to have a favorite so to speak.

I'm fine going random...I like challenge getting the snot kicked outta me :D
Insert witty comment here.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Yskonyn on December 26, 2016, 06:20:23 PM
If people are new to this, perhaps its best to just team up in-game to avoid fraticide. :)

That's fine with me (and I agree about it being safest and less annoying for people new to the game), but this has to be settled before we can send in our pretenders.

Also, someone will have to be appointed king (or appoint themselves  :D ), or whatever the terminology is, because that also makes a difference in what category of pretender is designed: the king has to tell the game he's setting up that kind of pretender, and the disciples have to tell the game they're setting up disciple pretenders.

....um, also, if you're like me (and I know I am), you may have no idea what distinctions are involved in being a disciple and being a king-or-whatever-it's-called. AM I GOING TO HAVE TO READ THE INSTRUCTIONS ABOUT THIS?!?

(yes, the answer is yes  >:D )
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Yskonyn

Yes of course.  :arr: There is no substitute for RTFM. Well... there is, but I expect everyone to at least WTFYT .

Indeed; Watch The F*cking YouTubes.

Votes are open for being the real God instead of a puny Disciple. You may vote for yourself.

I vote for ME!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JasonPratt

This is going to end up like that Pirate King voting scene in PotC3, isn't it? "I vote for her."  ;D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Yskonyn

Well, if people lost their tongue I'll just roll dice and get going.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

jamus34

Speaking of RTFM...Apologies, I've been in the middle of building my new box and just realized that Win 7 does not play nice with NVMe drives.

mkivcs

Apologies for the slackness, I think I rolled death +5 in the Christmas stakes. Anyway I should shortly  be back to having a functioning brain but in the meantime I'll take Ulm (if free) on the basis of its not Ermor and I notice a big section on how to play it well in the manual. Thus well informed I will be able to decide that I know better and do something totally different.

As to Lord I'll pass and vote for whoever tops the poll thus increasing their majority and securing myself first dibs on the kickbacks.

JasonPratt

Well, I've rolled up a disciple, but I don't have a game name to send him to!  :buck2:

jamus34

I'll take Jotunhiem if everyone's ok with that.

Rolling a disciple now.

jamus34

Question - does this mean we need to roll a disciple and not a pretender god?

Beowulf

Yskonyn

Beowulf

Thanks, my bad.

In that case, I'd like to go with Vanheim.

Yskonyn

Quote from: jamus34 on December 31, 2016, 02:33:22 PM
Question - does this mean we need to roll a disciple and not a pretender god?

Yes!

JasonPratt

Quote from: JasonPratt on December 31, 2016, 01:58:13 PM
Well, I've rolled up a disciple, but I don't have a game name to send him to!  :buck2:

Bumping my question disguised cleverly as a statement...  :peace: