Not the "237 Years of Defending Freedom" thread

Started by 0kult13, June 15, 2012, 01:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0kult13

But defending freedom, why thats only 10 towns in america.   ;D

Bison

Quote from: 0kult13 on June 15, 2012, 01:04:00 AM

Okult even your douchebag, bullshit spouting self is protected to be a douchebag bullshit spouting clown.

0kult13

Quote from: Bison on June 15, 2012, 01:57:29 AM
Quote from: 0kult13 on June 15, 2012, 01:04:00 AM

Okult even your douchebag, bullshit spouting self is protected to be a douchebag bullshit spouting clown.

lol Not by the american army it aint, but the british army since 1707. But Personal attacks come now mr B. but that said are we really free. 

Bison

I actually censored my response.  Indeed.  I'd say as a free brit you have a lot to be thankful for given the past efforts of the US Army.  Of course I'm sure you are too busy seeing what the sexual deviant, criminal from Wikileaks is doing to actually have an appreciation of history that is based on fact and not crap conjecture given your recent posts.

0kult13

Dont get me wrong i like the american army i grew up ww2 films, but protecting freedom (as a whole) is a bit much, i had to say somthing. lol and brits are far from free. We are subjects of the crown, covered by the most extensive cctv network know to man, oh and not allowed guns.

bayonetbrant

Bison - how about we reword it as "protecting people freer than 0Kult"?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

Yeah, the cupcake tank was kind of funny.  Especially if you've been around the Pentagon and seen how many folks in uniform could use fewer cupcakes in their diet...  ;D
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Centurion40

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 15, 2012, 08:03:36 AM
Quote from: Centurion40 on June 15, 2012, 07:29:13 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 15, 2012, 06:41:46 AM
I'm so used to celebrating November 10th as my military birthday that its been difficult to switch gears and get excited about June 14th. At least its easy to remember, my real birthday is June 13th!  ;D

Do you get (or choose) to wear the USMC service patch?

I can wear all of my USMC ribbons on my army uniform.

Excellent.  I would have assumed as much, but it is good to have it confirmed.

There was a dude over at the WG who claimed to have been a Marine before he joined the Army (we assumed that he was full of BS, but it turned out that he was just full of himself).  He posted pics of his Army combat dress uniform and it had a patch on it indicating that he had served in the USMC.  That's what I was referring to.
Any time is a good time for pie.

bayonetbrant

The rules have changed about whether or not you could wear a USMC unit patch on the "combat sleeve" of your Army uniform.  It has, over the past 20 years been:

1. No

2. Yes.

3. Yes, but only if you were in the Army when assigned/attached to that unit (as a liaison officer, or if your entire Army unit, like a company or platoon, was formally attached to the USMC unit, with published orders showing the chain) but OPCON/TACON counted if you could show in a published OPORD that you were working for them

4. Variation on 3 - only if you were formally attached for the duration of the deployment (ie, not OPCON/TACON)

5. Yes, but only if you weren't authorized to wear any Army unit patch on your 'combat' sleeve.

Not sure what the rules are now, but I wish they'd freakin' settle on something.

As to individual awards, ribbons, medals, qualifications (like airborne wings) - you can always wear those across services.

edit: the only way you can wear a USMC unit patch on your 'assigned' sleeve is if you are, in fact, assigned to that USMC unit, with published orders.  Being attached from another unit - even for an entire deployment - does not authorize you to wear that patch on your 'assigned' sleeve.

Jarhead0331

^OK. Didn't stop to think that you were asking about unit patches and not ribbons and awards.  As Brant stated, I'm not really sure what the rule is on the patch currently.  I personally do not wear any USMC patches on my ACUs.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Centurion40

1. As I recall, the patch in question was not for a specific USMC unit, but rather it was an Army issued patch indicating that the wearer had previously served in the USMC.  I could be totally wrong about that, as I only saw the patch in one of the dude's pics and I recall that it was him who said that it was a patch that could be worn by soldiers who had previously served in the USMC.

2. Ain't bureaucracy grand?!!

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Centurion40 on June 15, 2012, 09:29:12 AM
1. As I recall, the patch in question was not for a specific USMC unit, but rather it was an Army issued patch indicating that the wearer had previously served in the USMC.  I could be totally wrong about that, as I only saw the patch in one of the dude's pics and I recall that it was him who said that it was a patch that could be worn by soldiers who had previously served in the USMC.

no such thing exists

Centurion40

No doubt.  I wish I could remember the dude's username.  He posted his pics, looking for love, at both the WG and ACG.  I'd dig-up the pic for analysis!!

Bison

I've seen them all.  Fat Soldiers, Fat Soldiers, Fat Airmen and yes Fat Marines too.

The point is it was a day to remember a great service.