[closed]Grogheads Ascension Wars (FFA, Thrones, Worthy Heroes, Diplomacy)

Started by Yskonyn, August 29, 2017, 01:14:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yskonyn

Once again I will try to get a multiplayer game of Dominions 4 going here.  O0
Simple setup to get us going quickly:

Game info
Name - Grogheads Ascension Wars
Type - llamaserver PBEM (Play By EMail)
Schedule - 24 hrs at the start (variable due to work) and more time as we progress and orders get more complicated.
Players - ##
Diplomacy - 5 Turns Non-Agression Pacts, no rules otherwise; be a snake, get you head chopped off like one. ;-)

Game Settings
Age - Middle Age
Independent Strength - 7
Research - Default
Magic Sites - Default for the age
Money - Default
Resources - Default
Supplies - Default
Random Events - Default
Re-naming - Default
Score Graphs - Default
Hall Of Fame - Default

Nation Selection - All

Mods - Worthy Heroes ( https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B51DS6LWagFTYUVmVE9UbGk1NFE )

Map - TBD

Victory Conditions - Thrones

General Rules -

Note1: The hosting time limits are slightly indicative, but we are pressed to make them whenever possible. In other words; if you can't make the turn limit, be sure to post in this thread to let me know in advance so I can extend the time in the llamaserver, otherwise Llamaserver will push the next turn and you will not have given any orders.
Better yet is sending me an email, which you have gotten in a PM.
I have an irregular working schedule with stops abroad sometimes, so I might put in the odd request for a few more hours/days as well. I hope we can all be flexible about this. If not, then please say so up front, this game might not be suited for you.

Note2:Stay fair, people. If you cannot swallow a defeat, then you will be a newbie forever. In spirit of my previous sentence, please do not go AI after a single major battle lost

Note3: Remember to keep an eye on the turn interval. I will update changes in interval in this thread.
Be sure to report EARLY if you will not be able to send in a turn in time.
WE CANNOT USE THE ROLLBACK FEATURE! Due to possible savegame corruption.
(Thanks to 3V4JKZ2 for the above format  )

Note 4:
I want to put a very good project into the spotlight made by a player called momfreak.
Mod Inspector to read up to date unit and magic data from the game files. Very handy!

This webpage enables you to select some mods that you will be using for the game and then display accurate information about all the spells and items in the game.
You can also view the stock vanilla game data with this webpage.
Super handy as reference.

Note 5: When the game is setup you will all need to send your pretender to Llamaserver.
You can send your pretender file as an attachment to: (Put in the name of the game in the title, leave the body empty)

pretenders@llamaserver.net

You can find your pretender file in your Dominions 3\savegames\newlords folder.
it has a file format <era>_<nation>_0.2h

It will overwrite and old pretenders for the same era/nation.

After all the pretenders have been sent in the game can be kicked off and you will receive your turns in the mail.
Just send your turn back to turns@llamaserver.net (probably just reply to sender)

Only send in the .2h file. The .trn file is only sent by Llama to YOU.

For a FAQ on Llamaserver go here: http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=35160

Banned Exploits - I depend on your sportsmanship, dishing out as well as on the receiving end.

Admin - Yskonyn

Player List

1. ??
2. ??

Nation List

1. ??
2. ??
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JasonPratt

The map was what did us in last time (as well as server problems I think?) -- sooo... Let's get a solid map first.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

jamus34

Insert witty comment here.

Yskonyn

No the co-op setup against AI was what did us in.
This will be a Free for All classic setup. If you want to ally you will have to engage in diplomacy.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JasonPratt

Ah! -- yes, now I remember (though we had some trouble getting the map to work, too.)

Still, you should choose or generate the map, to move things along.  O:-)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Yskonyn

I am always a fan of Cradle of Dominion. The random map generator is good too.
But we need more nations for Cradle.
I have also found a very cool map of D&D's Faerun and I am drawing a map as well, but that wont be for our game though.

If we only have 3 players, DasTactic has drawn a very cool action packed map for us to use.

JasonPratt

I'm always okay with the Random Map, but I'm fine with other options.  O:-)

JasonPratt

Also, I have been lax in starting up our RedThun game, but in my defense I'll argue that I was waiting for you first.  >:D (But I still need to read the rulebook again to re-learn how to position troops initially.)

mkivcs

JasonPratt

Yskonyn

Great to see you mkivcs!

Jason, no worries. Its just the start file. You need to set a password for the game and resend it. No force buy yet. That will come with the next turn.
So if you could send it back I can already choose forces while you get up to speed.

Boggit showed some interest, I'll try to get him pulled in. 5 players is nice.

Yskonyn

I had hoped to see more people join. Aparently the Dominions vibe isnt what it used to be around here.
Are you guys ok playing a small game???

jamus34

Insert witty comment here.

JasonPratt

JasonPratt

It occurs to me that with Dom 5 coming this winter (insert GoT reference here), this might have a chilling effect on a new mp game of Dom 4.  ???

(Meanwhile, don't forgot our RedThun game starting.  >:D The setup on my side is far too gonzo not to play.)