Main Menu

Fast & Furious

Started by LongBlade, February 10, 2012, 10:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smuckatelli

Deflection?.......Under the radar?

Interesting that this is coming up.

It was made by U.S. Attorney Robert Pitman and his prosecutors, joined by agents with the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firerams and Explosives, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement's Homeland Security Investigations and the Bexar County Sheriff's Office.

"What we're talking about today really is just a part of the larger cycle of corruption of society by the illegal drug market," Pitman said. "These prosecutions are meant to hold those responsible for putting ... firearms in the hands of violent drug traffickers accountable for the part that they play."

The case began when ATF agents received a tip that one of the defendants was acting as a straw buyer of firearms from licensed gun dealers here for shipment to Mexico.

Read more: http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/article/Seized-guns-were-bound-for-Zetas-3154358.php#ixzz1mC4Tm0Op

son_of_montfort

Got ya, and I think we agree. (DANG IT SMUCK! THIS WAS FOR JARHEAD!)  ;D

We both agree that Holder has subverted the idea, at least with Fast and Furious, that being insulated from election gives him the ability to circumvent normal channels of authority. I label him a "crony." Part of that comes from the idea that he acts like he doesn't need to worry about personal re-election to stay in power, just make sure his boss stays in power and he will too. I think we agree that is how this as been going. Of course, that notion is going to get Holder in trouble, because sometimes cronies are sacrificed to make sure the boss and all the other cronies stay in power.

Unfortunately, the Obama administration is hardly alone in all this. Bush's AG was just as bad, and its something Bush inherited from his predecessors. At some point the office of the AG stopped being about enforcing the law of the land and became about trying to find the best way to circumvent them.

Quote from: MartokSubsequently, we sometimes have trouble following you, which I suspect leads to frustration and/or misunderstanding a lot of the time (ironically enough).

It could also be that it is harder to follow the argument of someone in which one disagrees politically and philosophically.  ;) Being one of the two or so non-Conservatives here, I recognized that my definitions are often held to more precision than others. So, I'm very careful about the terms I use, because slight inaccuracies on my part are jumped on much more readily than those stated by like minds. Just remember that next time I'm looking pedantic...  ;D

Also Martok, I'm a contrarian, which may create frustration.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert