Author Topic: [Dominions 5] Grogs4way (in progress)  (Read 5666 times)

Offline W8taminute

• Landsknecht
  • Open your heart
Re: [Dominions 5] Grogs4way (in progress)
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2020, 10:49:46 AM »
I think we lost before he ever had a chance to "thug" me.

Yes but I was referring to a private game Ajidica and I played. 
We battle not against flesh and blood...

Offline TheMeInTeam

• Velites
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2020, 11:41:13 AM »
I hope you've brushed up on your anti-thug and anti-SC since then, since Shinuyama has a recruitable pseudo thug and access to summons that can thug/outright SC.  Don't forget about forging demon banes when the time comes :)!

Agartha can thug too.  Tien Chi only has the generic options but can still do that kind of thing late game.  I can pseudo thug, but that's somewhat awkward for my nation.

Offline Ajidica

• Velites
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2020, 08:16:08 PM »
I hope you've brushed up on your anti-thug and anti-SC since then, since Shinuyama has a recruitable pseudo thug and access to summons that can thug/outright SC.  Don't forget about forging demon banes when the time comes :)!
Hush! Don't give him any ideas!

I think we lost before he ever had a chance to "thug" me.
I didn't go a thug route with Ermor in the war against Agartha. I had some earth-empowered mages to forge MR boosting gear, but against your horde of mind-blasting Olms that wouldn't have done me much good. I also chose Ermor as they didn't have a recruitable thug/SC chassis as the games I played with W8atminute I was Sauromatia (Witch Kings and Warrior Priestesses), Hinnom (Melquarts!), and as mentioned, Kailasa.

Offline solops

• Man-at-Arms
  • Woof!
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2020, 09:36:40 PM »
My cute little olms are harder to get this time :(
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Offline Ajidica

• Velites
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2020, 10:07:56 PM »
Is someone going on vacation for two weeks? Llamaserver says the next turn won't process until the 16th.

Offline W8taminute

• Landsknecht
  • Open your heart
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2020, 06:17:52 AM »
Is someone going on vacation for two weeks? Llamaserver says the next turn won't process until the 16th.

I'm not planning any vacation but I did set the interval to a longer time period.  Just being proactive in case there are any delays in getting our turns out.  I still plan on submitting at least one or two turns a day if the turn around is there.   ;)

Offline solops

• Man-at-Arms
  • Woof!
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2020, 09:14:04 AM »
A longer time is OK with me. From my limited experience it seems like a missed turn can mess the game up for everyone. I am usually on top of things, but occasionally I lose track of time or have some unexpected family crisis come up. Kids.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Offline TheMeInTeam

• Velites
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2020, 09:19:54 AM »
One of my concerns prior to start of last game the first time Ajidica invited me was that I wouldn't be able to keep up with fast-ish turn progress.  At this point it's less of a concern for me, but I'm still okay with a slower pace.

Is there a method you guys use to ping you when we get sent a new turn?  I'll probably want to rig such a notification so I don't miss it if we go a while between them.

How bad someone staling on a turn is depends on the context.  Much more impactful to get caught unscripted in a big fight compared to missing a turn of movement but still having things on repeat recruitment for example.

Offline solops

• Man-at-Arms
  • Woof!
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2020, 09:26:15 AM »
I put a link to the game's Llamaserver status page in my favorites and on my Kindle. I had it as my home page for a while. Other than that, I check my e-mail every day or so. I have been online a lot lately, so that has helped.

Huh. I just forgot if I sent in the turn I did last night...OK, I'm in. Old.....
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 09:28:38 AM by solops »

Offline W8taminute

• Landsknecht
  • Open your heart
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2020, 09:55:14 AM »
I usually get a notification on my phone that a new email has arrived but so far for this game I am not getting the notifications.  I need to check my phone to figure out why. 

I'll also check my computer at least once a day to see if I got the email or not. 

Offline TheMeInTeam

• Velites
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2020, 10:27:39 AM »
Thanks all.  I've marked llamaserver as an important sender and have rigged it to send me notifications when receiving emails from important senders with attachments.

Offline W8taminute

• Landsknecht
  • Open your heart
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2020, 06:14:03 PM »
Good idea.  I'll think I'll do the same for my email settings.

Offline TheMeInTeam

• Velites
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2020, 11:21:24 PM »
Hmm, not sleeping properly.  But at least I noticed this.  I submitted turn and got confirmation from llamaserver on email, but it's still saying waiting for 2h on server status.  I won't be able to submit until after work tomorrow, but I might need to re-submit if it's not counting it.

Edit: resubmitting before bed yesterday seems to have worked.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 08:21:10 AM by TheMeInTeam »

Offline Ajidica

• Velites
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2020, 10:07:33 AM »
Something might have got broken with the mini-patch that rolled out this morning. I forgot to send in my orders for turn 18 last night and when I went to do it this morning I got a response from Llamaserver saying a valid 2h file was not found. I tried redoing my turn with the original turn file and then downloading a new one, but both times I got the same response saying a valid 2h was not found.

I wonder if W8aminute will have the same problem as he also has not submitted a turn.

Offline solops

• Man-at-Arms
  • Woof!
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2020, 03:00:35 PM »
Uh oh.