[Dominions 5] Grogs4way (in progress)

Started by W8taminute, February 27, 2020, 11:04:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

W8taminute

Quote from: solops on March 02, 2020, 12:42:41 PM
I think we lost before he ever had a chance to "thug" me.

Yes but I was referring to a private game Ajidica and I played. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

TheMeInTeam

I hope you've brushed up on your anti-thug and anti-SC since then, since Shinuyama has a recruitable pseudo thug and access to summons that can thug/outright SC.  Don't forget about forging demon banes when the time comes :)!

Agartha can thug too.  Tien Chi only has the generic options but can still do that kind of thing late game.  I can pseudo thug, but that's somewhat awkward for my nation.

Ajidica

Quote from: TheMeInTeam on March 02, 2020, 01:41:13 PM
I hope you've brushed up on your anti-thug and anti-SC since then, since Shinuyama has a recruitable pseudo thug and access to summons that can thug/outright SC.  Don't forget about forging demon banes when the time comes :)!
Hush! Don't give him any ideas!

Quote from: solops on March 02, 2020, 12:42:41 PM
I think we lost before he ever had a chance to "thug" me.
I didn't go a thug route with Ermor in the war against Agartha. I had some earth-empowered mages to forge MR boosting gear, but against your horde of mind-blasting Olms that wouldn't have done me much good. I also chose Ermor as they didn't have a recruitable thug/SC chassis as the games I played with W8atminute I was Sauromatia (Witch Kings and Warrior Priestesses), Hinnom (Melquarts!), and as mentioned, Kailasa.

solops

My cute little olms are harder to get this time :(
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Ajidica

Is someone going on vacation for two weeks? Llamaserver says the next turn won't process until the 16th.

W8taminute

Quote from: Ajidica on March 03, 2020, 12:07:56 AM
Is someone going on vacation for two weeks? Llamaserver says the next turn won't process until the 16th.

I'm not planning any vacation but I did set the interval to a longer time period.  Just being proactive in case there are any delays in getting our turns out.  I still plan on submitting at least one or two turns a day if the turn around is there.   ;)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

solops

A longer time is OK with me. From my limited experience it seems like a missed turn can mess the game up for everyone. I am usually on top of things, but occasionally I lose track of time or have some unexpected family crisis come up. Kids.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

TheMeInTeam

One of my concerns prior to start of last game the first time Ajidica invited me was that I wouldn't be able to keep up with fast-ish turn progress.  At this point it's less of a concern for me, but I'm still okay with a slower pace.

Is there a method you guys use to ping you when we get sent a new turn?  I'll probably want to rig such a notification so I don't miss it if we go a while between them.

How bad someone staling on a turn is depends on the context.  Much more impactful to get caught unscripted in a big fight compared to missing a turn of movement but still having things on repeat recruitment for example.

solops

I put a link to the game's Llamaserver status page in my favorites and on my Kindle. I had it as my home page for a while. Other than that, I check my e-mail every day or so. I have been online a lot lately, so that has helped.

Huh. I just forgot if I sent in the turn I did last night...OK, I'm in. Old.....

W8taminute

I usually get a notification on my phone that a new email has arrived but so far for this game I am not getting the notifications.  I need to check my phone to figure out why. 

I'll also check my computer at least once a day to see if I got the email or not. 

TheMeInTeam

Thanks all.  I've marked llamaserver as an important sender and have rigged it to send me notifications when receiving emails from important senders with attachments.

W8taminute

Good idea.  I'll think I'll do the same for my email settings.

TheMeInTeam

Hmm, not sleeping properly.  But at least I noticed this.  I submitted turn and got confirmation from llamaserver on email, but it's still saying waiting for 2h on server status.  I won't be able to submit until after work tomorrow, but I might need to re-submit if it's not counting it.

Edit: resubmitting before bed yesterday seems to have worked.

Ajidica

Something might have got broken with the mini-patch that rolled out this morning. I forgot to send in my orders for turn 18 last night and when I went to do it this morning I got a response from Llamaserver saying a valid 2h file was not found. I tried redoing my turn with the original turn file and then downloading a new one, but both times I got the same response saying a valid 2h was not found.

I wonder if W8aminute will have the same problem as he also has not submitted a turn.

solops