Digital Gaming > Dominions III LFG and Strategy Discussion

Took the Dominions 5 plunge, now what do I do?

<< < (2/7) > >>

MetalDog:
Gave up on the second game.  Got much farther conquering territories.  Even had two Thrones of Ascension.  Just couldn't get into the water and the water province causing all the trouble literally touched five of my Provinces.  With no way to stop them from using that Province, it was just a matter of time.  Killed one of the AI Pretenders duking it out for the second Throne.  His worshippers didn't like that and vowed to wipe my civ from the planet.

al_infierno:

--- Quote from: MetalDog on October 11, 2020, 10:54:53 PM ---Gave up on the second game.  Got much farther conquering territories.  Even had two Thrones of Ascension.  Just couldn't get into the water and the water province causing all the trouble literally touched five of my Provinces.  With no way to stop them from using that Province, it was just a matter of time.  Killed one of the AI Pretenders duking it out for the second Throne.  His worshippers didn't like that and vowed to wipe my civ from the planet.

--- End quote ---

95% of my Dom5 experience is giving up on games I spent a stupid amount of time building a pretender for.   O0

SophiaDJames:
First you check the option of the menu then if you want some need to upgrade the walls maybe you gain access to the water units I am playing DOMINIONS many time but i didn't faced this type of problem. but i sure that it must be dominions rules issue.

Yskonyn:

--- Quote from: al_infierno on October 11, 2020, 11:46:39 PM ---
--- Quote from: MetalDog on October 11, 2020, 10:54:53 PM ---Gave up on the second game.  Got much farther conquering territories.  Even had two Thrones of Ascension.  Just couldn't get into the water and the water province causing all the trouble literally touched five of my Provinces.  With no way to stop them from using that Province, it was just a matter of time.  Killed one of the AI Pretenders duking it out for the second Throne.  His worshippers didn't like that and vowed to wipe my civ from the planet.

--- End quote ---

95% of my Dom5 experience is giving up on games I spent a stupid amount of time building a pretender for.   O0

--- End quote ---

Lol! I can relate to that. Makes you wonder why many claim the AI is rubbish.

W8taminute:
MD definitely look at the game setup options carefully each time you create a new game.  I would set the strength of independents to 5 or below if you want to have a chance while still learning the game.

In the beginning don't be afraid to recruit a boat load of trash troops.  They may be trash but they are cheap and a bunch of them are usually more than enough to wipe out independents.  In the early game land grab is king and you need to do it fast.

Don't forget to recruit research mages at least every other turn and get a fort up and running before turn 12.  More forts = moar money, more research mages, and more troops.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version