Field of Glory - Medieval Competition

Started by Boggit, January 05, 2021, 11:18:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Time flies - game releases this Thursday!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sauron

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Boggit

Quote from: Yskonyn on February 01, 2021, 09:06:56 AM
How quickly should turns be played? I am very much interested, but I don't want to stall.
Ideally complete a game a week, as it is a competition, but obviously everyone has real life issues too. I'm terrible for this, so I won't sit in judgment! ::)

A game a week is something to aim for, and maybe sorted by arranging a time with your opponent to play several or all turns in one setting if time generally is at a premium.

As with all these things play it by ear. Some people will do quick returns, some not. If things become a problem, don't be silent, talk about it, we can usually find a solution. :)
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Paolo Paglianti

Quote from: Boggit on January 05, 2021, 11:18:58 PM
Hi all,

Paolo at Slitherine has kindly agreed to sponsor a FOG - Medieval competition to start on 4th February when the game is officially released.

Thanks for the support :) and I will play the tournament, so please sign me in!
Paolo P.

Yskonyn

Thanks Boggit.

If I still can I would like to sign up for this.
Kids are supposed to resume school next week, so I expect this will work out nicely.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

matt3916

If sign ups are still open, I'd like to be in.

Boggit

The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Boggit

I've emailed Paolo for the Steam keys, and will DM them hopefully later today as and when I get them.

@Gus - Are you in and do you need a Steam Key?

Boggit

Ground rules

Player Matching

We have possibly 11 players so far, which I have divided into two divisions

Division 1

Shelldrake
Matt3916
Sauron
Nelmsm
Paolo
Yskonyn

Division 2
Tripoli
Bardolph
al_infierno
Grim_Reaper
Gus (TBC)

1. Everybody plays everybody else on their division
2, The top three players in a division go into the semi final
3. The semi final winners play the final

Battles

All games are custom battles

Game size

Large

Maps

Map type  - "Pot luck" or by informal agreement with opponent

Scenario

Open Battle or by informal agreement with opponent

Army Choice

Up to the player. Allies are permitted if available to that army list.

The player army choice can be changed at the outset of each game with a new opponent.

Scoring

Win 3 points
Draw 1 point
Loss 0 points

Update your running score tally on your division table on this thread. (Cut and paste the latest division scores and then the winner/draw updates your their score. So for example...

Division 1

Shelldrake 3
Matt3916   1
Sauron      1
Nelmsm    0
Paolo        0
Yskonyn    3

I think I've covered the relevant points, but as usual if I've missed something, or there is an issue please don't be shy and let me know! :smiley6600:

Boggit

Feel free to post screenshots/AARS.

In the spirit of the "Colosseum" - just for fun, we must have bragging rights! >:D

All participants can add "Gladiator" to their Grogheads profile.

Draws allow you replace that with "Retiarius";

Battle winners can replace "Gladiator/Retiarius" with "Secutor", and if you make it to the semi finals you can replace "Secutor" with "Myrmidon";

Competition winners get the right to "Rudiarius" on their profile!
http://www.warriorsandlegends.com/gladiators/rudiarius-gladiator/

Gusington

I would like to be in, but I am not sure if I have enough time...

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Boggit

Quote from: Gusington on February 04, 2021, 12:15:38 PM
I would like to be in, but I am not sure if I have enough time...
Give it a try. If you find it gets to be too much time for you, withdraw with honour and allow your opponent to get a win. At least you will have had some fun. :)

Do you have a copy of the game, if not I'll ask for another steam code? No problem there.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Yskonyn

Nice! I see I start with 3 points off the bat! Not bad!

Now come get some!

Oh.. how does the sponsorship work? I need to install the game before I can play. I assume it'll be a timed license of sorts?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."