Trials and tribulations of owning a house

Started by Jarhead0331, February 06, 2021, 11:27:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

plant a grounding rod in a bush down the street in a bush.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Sir Slash

Or, in the annoying neighbor's yard next door?  ^-^
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

GDS_Starfury

Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

solops

The guys who installed my solar panels also put in a lightning arrestor on the electric company pole where I sell back to the co-op. They told me NOTHING could protect my electronic stuff from an immediate, direct strike. You put in the best protection you can afford and pray.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Jarhead0331

Quote from: solops on August 04, 2021, 10:17:13 PM
The guys who installed my solar panels also put in a lightning arrestor on the electric company pole where I sell back to the co-op. They told me NOTHING could protect my electronic stuff from an immediate, direct strike. You put in the best protection you can afford and pray.

That's what I've been told too. With a direct strike, you're screwed.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Sir Slash

Years back lightning struck the roof of a building housing about 25 mental patients where I worked causing a fire to break-out in the attic. All the residents and staff had to be evacuated in the middle of a blinding rainstorm. I'm sure glad I was off work that night.  <:-)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

^Isn't that how the movie Halloween began?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

solops

Quote from: Gusington on August 05, 2021, 03:50:10 PM
^Isn't that how the movie Halloween began?
Yeah.... and, umm,  "Sir Slash"?...questions percolate...

Maybe that's just how he handles his panzers.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Michael Myers was on one of my wards I worked. So was Jason. For kicks, we used to switch their masks then wait until they passed each other in the hall.  :2funny:  It was a riot.....literally.

steve58

So my 7 (yes 7) siblings and I inherited my late mother's house.  We just this week had gotten it ready and put it on the market.  We've had a few showings, but no bites yet.

So today I get a text from my sister (power of attorney) who tells us, house is off the market because the water heater blew up (her words) and the basement is flooded. :tickedoff:  And my oldest brother ended up in the ER because he slipped on the floor and busted his tailbone.  #:-)

Not really sure why the WH blew since the house is empty and no one is living there.  Just glad my brother wasn't hurt too bad and the "explosion" was the tank failing. 

So now we get to deal with the insurance to get things right.  ...and we thought this was going to be a quick sale.   :pullhair:
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Gusington

The item I worry about most in my house is our water heater followed by our furnace. I have heard many stories about water heaters and furnaces just simultaneously failing, sometimes catastrophically. I have spent some nights just staring at the ceiling, worrying about both.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

A few months ago, there was construction work going on on our across-the-street neighbors house for weeks.  My wife and I thought they were painting/floors/etc. to sell it or rent it.  Turns out a hose to the icemaker on the refrigerator let go and flooded the house; they had to replace most of the the floors, much of the walls, etc.  It's just crazy how devastating one "little" water leak can be.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Sir Slash

We had a similar family-oriented event after my Father died. My brother, sister and myself had to jointly fix-up the old family home and sell it followed by splitting the sale 3 ways. We damned near ended-up in a sibling-on-sibling war over who was responsible for what and who did more or less than the others. Take it from me Steve, everybody involved discuss roles and responsibilities in as unemotional and loving way as possible and come to a mutually agreed upon understanding. Our family still suffers from some of the ill feelings that occurred and this was never the way our parents wanted us to be. One house is not worth destroying a whole family's relationship over. My 2 cents.

Dammit Carl!

Man.  So sorry Steve.  Hope it all works out all the way around.