Main Menu

Israel

Started by GDS_Starfury, October 07, 2023, 07:14:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

GDS_Starfury

my reserve of empathy is exactly zero right now.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

GDS_Starfury

GDS_Starfury

GDS_Starfury

GDS_Starfury

GDS_Starfury

260 bodies found at the music festival.

Redwolf

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on October 08, 2023, 04:43:45 PM260 bodies found at the music festival.

By one EMS organization. There were other EMS at the site.

GDS_Starfury

the articles Ive read use the word minimum.

al_infierno

In the last few hours I've discovered that I'm apparently racist for supporting Ukraine's fight against Russia while not supporting Hamas invading and massacring Israel.  Clearly the reason for this is skin color and not an obvious difference in context.

I've also learned that massacring hundreds of civilians is "justified revolutionary violence" because those civilians are colonizers, you see, because they... attended a music festival.... in land that was stolen from someone else at some point.... or something?

Oh, also apparently it's totally moral and righteous to massacre people because they live on land to which you're indigenous.  I can't imagine any unintended consequences to this line of logic....

OK, for real this time.  I'm gonna get off Twitter.  It's making me more mad than usual.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

MengJiao

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on October 08, 2023, 05:01:20 PMthe articles Ive read use the word minimum.

Yes, 260 bodies were seen by just one agency in one area, so a lot more people were probably killed at the
music festival than just 260.  Which seems truly horrible.
Quote from: al_infierno on October 08, 2023, 05:03:14 PMIn the last few hours I've discovered that I'm apparently racist for supporting Ukraine's fight against Russia while not supporting Hamas invading and massacring Israel.  Clearly the reason for this is skin color and not an obvious difference in context.

I've also learned that massacring hundreds of civilians is "justified revolutionary violence" because those civilians are colonizers, you see, because they... attended a music festival.... in land that was stolen from someone else at some point.... or something?

Oh, also apparently it's totally moral and righteous to massacre people because they live on land to which you're indigenous.  I can't imagine any unintended consequences to this line of logic....

OK, for real this time.  I'm gonna get off Twitter.  It's making me more mad than usual.

I've never spent any time on Twitter, but all of my wives have been major academics (though luckily for my
ideological sanity mostly Jewish)
and the anti-Israel rhetoric around academia can be massive (if baffling).  It seems to me that if you can't
see a huge mass of pure atrocities as what they are (and something about this mess of atrocities seems
unusually horrifying) then you have lost all touch with the basics of morality and somehow
substituted a comforting set of ideological responses for a willingness to look at things as they
are, horrible though things may be.

Sir Slash

The clear culprit here is Iran and the obvious reason is to abort the promising developments recently of a possible Peace Deal between Israel and the Saudis'. Sept. 20, the Crown Prince was on FOX News and when asked by Bret Bair about peace between the two countries said, "We're getting closer and closer every day". Two days later, Netanyahu said he was delighted by the Prince's statement and agreed peace between the two were very close. This had to give people in Tehran a major case of Acid Reflux. Thus the attack now to unhinge all that. Iran's been bankrolling Hamas and Hezbollah for many years now, no way they can't be involved.

Gaza's not worth the life of the number of Israeli soldiers it would take to clean it out. I'm good with nuking the place and calling it a day. It's time to get, 'Old Testament' on these assholes.

Heads should definitely roll at the IDF and Mossad. How could they be so unprepared on the anniversary of Yom Kippur? The thing that really shocks me is I was there back in 2009 and everywhere we went there were armed soldiers and Israeli civilians armed to the teeth. How could a bunch of fanatics in black pajamas roll-up in pickup trucks and NOT get their asses shot off? Things in Israel must've changed a whole lot since I was there.

I understand there was a demonstration in Times Square today in support of Hamas.  :shocked:  Going forward there will be more of this and major political figures will join-in to condemn Israel for, 'provoking' this attack.  :HideEyes:

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

GDS_Starfury

reserves heading to the Lebanese border as line units redeploy south.

GDS_Starfury

it took years but finally a post from Slash I agree with.
thankfully Israel doesn't give a fuck about international opinion and Gaza is going to get flattened.
the shit of it is is that over the last few years I've been pretty hyper critical of what the Israeli governments doing.  not a fan of Bibi at all.  this will just strengthen his position and thats not a good thing.  Israel, like America, are supposed to be the example.

GDS_Starfury