So much for TriCare, so much for Service

Started by Smuckatelli, February 28, 2012, 09:29:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

son_of_montfort

^ Is that a serious job opening at the moment? And do I have to actually join the USMC? If not, I will apply and you need to send me that info!

No hard feelings at all. I was trying to get the long and short of it (i.e. who is to blame, DoD, Obama, Cthulhu). Personal politics ruffle me about the situation. I'm not even sure I can do something like draw unemployment next year if I do get a job (since I didn't "lose" a job by graduating with a PhD).
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Smuckatelli

Quote from: son_of_montfort on February 29, 2012, 03:54:34 PM
^ Is that a serious job opening at the moment? And do I have to actually join the USMC? If not, I will apply and you need to send me that info!

That is a serious job for an Officer, MOS is Military Occupational Specialty.

There are also civilians that do this work for the military.

http://www.smh-hq.org/opps/jobs.html

I could dig deeper if you are interested.

Quote from: son_of_montfort on February 29, 2012, 03:54:34 PMNo hard feelings at all. I was trying to get the long and short of it (i.e. who is to blame, DoD, Obama, Cthulhu). Personal politics ruffle me about the situation. I'm not even sure I can do something like draw unemployment next year if I do get a job (since I didn't "lose" a job by graduating with a PhD).

^
I fixed it for you.  :)

We have the Navy Museum at the Navy Yard in DC. The National Museum of the Marine Corps up the street.

The Smithsonian in D.C. all good places to work and build your resume until you find the job of your dreams teaching.

Smuckatelli

I'm pulling this out of an earlier post, it really should stand alone:

Okay...keep in mind, I'm a realitively simple man.....

So we can't afford to provide a benefit to an extremely small percentage of the U.S. population for services rendered.

If we can't afford to provide for the small percentage.....how are we going to provide for everyone?

TriCare is a funded program, Affordable Healthcare isn't, where are the funds going to come from if we can't afford healthcare for the small percentage of veterans?

son_of_montfort

Woah, he was very young! I didn't agree with his politics or his method of delivery but I feel sorry for his family. That is too bad, he has young children who will miss him.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.