Dawn of the Grog: Early Age game (in progress)

Started by Phobos, May 21, 2013, 06:35:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

byrdman57

I'm going to be off the grid this weekend until Sunday evening. My current turn is in, but if the following turn is going to host before Sunday night, I'll need an extension.

Phobos

No problem.  I'll keep an eye on the clock.

Ubercat

I'll be away at WBC http://www.boardgamers.org/#wbc from Saturday, July 27 till Saturday August 3rd. Shall I try to get a sub, or should we suspend the game for 8 days? If a bunch of people are taking vacations soon as in my other game, a suspension would probably be the better option. If I'm the only one going, I should get a sub.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Phobos

I'm putting 12 hours on the clock due to Abysia and Ulm having turns outstanding. 

byrdman57

Quote from: Phobos on July 17, 2013, 07:11:09 AM
I'm putting 12 hours on the clock due to Abysia and Ulm having turns outstanding.

Sorry about that. I should be able to get my turn in this evening. Also, I will be out of town again this weekend and won't be able to get a turn in until Sunday evening.

On a side note, I'm finding that I may have overcommitted to Dom3. I'm in 3 games right now, and it's too much. If no one is opposed, I'm going to try to find a sub for myself in this game.

Phobos

No problem.  I will extend the following turn over the weekend.  Keep me apprised if your require more time over the coming week.

By next week, it is likely that the game will have an 8 day extension, unless Ubercat has found a substitute player.  In any case it is likely that I will permanently extend the hosting interval of this game, in the coming turns.

Philippe

I'm afraid I'm going to need a one day extension.

I'll try to get my turn in later today, but am not sure there will be enough time for it.
Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.

History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.

Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

Ubercat

I was going to ask Jason Pratt to sub but I'm wondering if I should bother? This game seems to already be suspended.

There are about three vacations going on over a 2-3 week period in my other game and we're having an extended suspension. Is the same thing going on here but it just isn't being discussed in the thread? It would save both Jason and I a lot of hassle not to do a sub. The way things are going, I doubt more than one turn would process in the 8 days that I'll be gone anyway.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Phobos

I do not know what is going on with Byrdman.  He said he was submitting a turn on Friday/Saturday and that he would be unavailable for the rest of the weekend.

He did not submit a turn, then llamaserver crashed.  I extended the hosting interval by 24 hours during that crash, which is why the turn has not already played.

I have received no communication from him, other than what you see in this thread.  He said he was going to look for a sub.  I took that to mean he was going to find a sub, not that I would have to find one for him.

I do not know what the protocols are in this situation.  I'll extend for another 24 hour period, then try and find a replacement player if he is still in absentia.

byrdman57

I'm sorry about that. I'm working on finding a sub now. Hopefully someone will be willing to jump in soon.

Phobos

Sorry, I have been in a rush over the past week.  I will put the game on hold until a substitute player can be found.  As Ubercat has plans over the coming week, it is unlikely that he will need to secure a replacement for the period he is away.

Ubercat

Yeah, I decided to skip getting a sub. That should give Byrdman more time to replace himself.

- Thomas Sowell

byrdman57

So I think I found a sub for me in this game named Shurp.

Phobos

Oh great!  Thank you for doing that.  If you can ask Shurp to pm either Beelzeboss or myself with his e-mail address, we can facilitate the changeover.

I will add some more time on to the clock.  With any luck, we should be able to return to a normal schedule one Ubercat returns from holiday.