DOOM

Started by parone, June 10, 2013, 01:24:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

parone

yes, i that is where i downloaded it, i believe.  thank you for posting the link, that should make it easier for others to grab it.  obviously, it is version 1.1

W8taminute

Thanks for the link Tygaros.  Any other mods that need to be dl'ed for this PBEM?
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Faux

Here's the latest CBM: http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=998

Btw, is the Assimilation mod on llamaserver version 1.0 like it says? The latest version seems to be 1.1.

parone

hmm.  not sure about the assimilation question...

phobos:  your random nation rolled out to be jotunheim.

if you don't like that pick, i rolled again and you got machaka.

feel free to grab either of those, or go with something else if they don't tickle your fancy.

parone

also, im thinking plane of rustynails V4 might be a good map, particularly if we can get one more player(it has 9 balanced starts).

played on this before, and this map has no problems.  it was balanced by callahan, who, despite constantly ass-whoopin me in the forums, is possibly the greatest living dominions genius(especially when it come to figuring things out/fixing them)

Phobos

ok, thanks.  I'll take a look at Jotunheim and see what I can come up with.

Wingedflamez

OK I think I have my Pretender narrowed down to 1 of two builds.  How do I submit that?

Beelzeboss

To send in your pretender you have to send a mail to pretenders@llamaserver.net with the pretender file attached. You can find the file in your dominions 3 folder under savedgames -> newlords. The subject of the mail should be the name of the game you want to join.

Faux

Quote from: Beelzeboss on June 14, 2013, 02:57:12 AM
To send in your pretender you have to send a mail to pretenders@llamaserver.net with the pretender file attached. You can find the file in your dominions 3 folder under savedgames -> newlords. The subject of the mail should be the name of the game you want to join.

Basically this.

Check http://www.llamaserver.net/ for Games waiting for pretenders. When you see this particular game on that list, copy the name (e.g. World_of_Groghawk, another game running on this forum) and paste it to the subject field of your email. Then just attach the pretender file for your nation from dominions3/savedgames/newlords/ and send the mail. I'm pretty sure  parone will announce in this thread when the game is ready to accept pretenders.

Also a reminder for everyone: remember to have CBM enabled when you create your pretender. Otherwise there will be mismatches.

Haerdalas

I think I can confirm i will play Tien Chi. No idea how they will stand up against other people in MP, but I seem to be having success with them in SP at least.

Also, for those new to MP like me, I found the second post on this page  http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=5981.0   to have a very clear guide on how to get your pretender in, how to send your turns in etc.

Faux

Quote from: parone on June 13, 2013, 07:03:10 PM
also, im thinking plane of rustynails V4 might be a good map, particularly if we can get one more player(it has 9 balanced starts).

Don't we have 9 now? 8 names in the OP + Tygaros who hasn't been updated to the roster yet. Map looks good.

parone

gotta put in a 14 hour day today, but will try to get game up on llamaserver saturday.

looks like we are actually gonna get this to go!!

listen, since everyone is new and i tend to be a technical simpleton, we are bound to have a few technical difficulties getting started.  no worries, if we stay at it, we'll get it done.

W8taminute

Sounds good parone.  Thanks for setting this up for us all.  If there is anything I can do to help I will.  Let us know if you run into any difficulties.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

alastair

Hi.  I last played Dom3 in 2008 or so.  I've played before, mostly with my brother, although I played for him on multi games in shrapnel sometimes.  I got a hankering to play it, and followed this link from Desura (which i arrived at from old shrapnel forums).  Still room?

Tygaros

I think I'll go with Machaka