Age of Wonders III: Golden Realms

Started by Martok, August 21, 2014, 11:55:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MetalDog

Face off versus as many people as can play at a time.  It's a game about building up until you can take the other guys out.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Martok

Can't we all just get along?  :( 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

MetalDog

You've obviously never gamed against me ;)

Huw the Poo

He's obviously never played Dominions...

Boggit

How does it compare to Fallen Enchantress:LH ?
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

undercovergeek

for me FELH is more 4x and magic with some combat

AoW is definitely more combat oriented

MetalDog

Boggit

The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

MetalDog

It's a race to the best units.  Not sure what Golden Realms contains in the way of broadening things out though.

Martok

Quote from: undercovergeek on March 05, 2015, 05:01:55 AM
for me FELH is more 4x and magic with some combat

AoW is definitely more combat oriented
A succinct, but accurate, summary.  Both games are fun, but they definitely have different focuses. 

Quote from: MetalDog on March 05, 2015, 01:04:25 PM
It's a race to the best units.  Not sure what Golden Realms contains in the way of broadening things out though.
From what I've seen/heard, Golden Realms doesn't alter the formula to any significant degree.  Am really hoping the Frostlings/Necromancer expansion does (if only so that lower-tier units will remain useful/not become obsolete so quickly). 

"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

Gusington

Where is the damned Undead expansion?? WHERE

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Martok

The latest entry takes another look at the Tigrans, the other race in the upcoming expansion.  I'm fascinated by their Egyptian-style motif. 

http://ageofwonders.com/dev-journal-tigrans-part-ii/