Verdun Expansion "Horrors of War"

Started by IronX, March 24, 2016, 10:54:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IronX

Free expansion for the FPS, Verdun:

I never survived more than 30 seconds in this game. I think this expansion would cut that down to 15 seconds.

Not sure why videos sometimes don't show up. Thanks JP.

JasonPratt

Quote from: IronX on March 24, 2016, 10:54:53 AM
Free expansion for the FPS, Verdun:

I never survived more than 30 seconds in this game. I think this expansion would cut that down to 15 seconds.

Reposted with alternate video link.  O:-)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Jarhead0331

I really, really want to get this, but not until there is a basic solo mode with bots on bots. The co-op wave survival mode they just added is a step in the right direction.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

IronX

Yeah, that could actually be fun. I might have to reinstall after my last rage quit load it up and check it out.

TacticalWargames

This and Red Orchestra 2 are the only games I play online.

If you like RO2 you should enjoy this one to.

Gusington

I have never lasted more than 15 seconds in Verdun either.

I would pay a premium for a single player campaign.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bbmike

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 24, 2016, 11:01:06 AM
I really, really want to get this, but not until there is a basic solo mode with bots on bots. The co-op wave survival mode they just added is a step in the right direction.

This times 100. The first Steam game I returned for a refund.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Gusington

I'm holding out hope that one day there will be SP.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Dammit Carl!

Nice. Well, my birthday is right around the corner (in July), so I think I should just go ahead and treat myself!  O0

jomni

This series is shaping up to be a nice one.  I ignored it before.
How's the server population?

Gusington

^Hostile and immature, for the most part.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Boggit

Quote from: TacticalWargames on March 24, 2016, 03:33:09 PM
This and Red Orchestra 2 are the only games I play online.

If you like RO2 you should enjoy this one to.
I've got RO2 but am totally hopeless at it. I wish there was a SP campaign like Call of Duty, which would give you a chance to master the mechanics of it properly. I'm constantly getting trashed before I know it on line. :-[
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Hofstadter

I wish this game had more variety, theres only so many times you can charge a trench until it gets uninteresting.
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

jomni

A different game but this one has been in my wishlist for a while. Only $5 now. Is it fun?

TacticalWargames

I struggle badly with Battle of Empires. I'm sure if your fine with Men of War you'll be OK.