Field of Glory II - Medieval announced!

Started by Jarhead0331, October 15, 2020, 02:18:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tripoli

My Alert 5 credit card is on the catapult, ready for launch.  ;D
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Grim.Reaper

Release time appears to be 1pm eastern time.  Pushed back a little.

Sir Slash

I can foresee major Internet crashes and a run on Credit Card Companies to follow.  :coolsmiley:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

z1812

I am a patient fellow. I will wait until 1:15 to by it.

CJReich46

As one of the Beta Testers for Medieval you're gonna love it.

Plus I got me a nice little discount on it too :D

I'm looking forward to see what comes next- Spain, Italy, Byzantines, Crusades?   :dreamer:
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Gusington

^All! But I have a weakness for the Byzantines. A big ol' Byzantine campaign would warm my heart.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Boggit

Quote from: Zulu1966 on October 16, 2020, 02:56:43 AM
Damn when I saw the subject line I was hoping it was going to be one of those Matrix - ready November type of surprises. Q1 21 tooooo far away. Cant wait for this. Medieval so not represented in computer wargaming.
Don't forget we have a Slitherine sponsored FoG Medieval competition about to take place... if you're quick you can sign up before we get started, which is likely fairly soon.

http://www.grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=25196.0
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Zulu1966

It is up.

Paypal crapping out for anyone else from the matrix store ?
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Zulu1966 on February 04, 2021, 01:41:09 PM
It is up.

Nope, purchased OK with PayPal.

Boggit

Quote from: Zulu1966 on February 04, 2021, 01:41:09 PM
It is up.

No worries. If you want to participate sign up on the Colosseum sub forum. You will go into Division 2 of the league.

As a participant, I will then ask Paolo for a steam code for you.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

MikeGER

it has Teutonic Knights  :D
(see also avatar)

how could i resist  :bd:

...and it just the start of a new series, there will be Crusades DLC for sure

Boggit

^You don't need to wait for the Crusades DLC. Teutonic Knights are already in the initial release. :bd:

al_infierno

I'm loving me some Pitch of Prestige.  The game transitioned into the medieval ages really nicely.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

z1812

I bought the game yesterday. The mechanics and gameplay are very much like the original which suits me, and as usual the attention to detail, production values, beautiful playing pieces, and interface intuitiveness is really impressive.