Distant Worlds 2 Formal Announcement

Started by Jarhead0331, January 26, 2021, 09:35:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Come to think of it, I'm reminded that I used to play as the Bulrathi in MOO and MOO 2.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

jamus34

I always liked playing the Psilons.

My goal was to tech up enough to put graviton beams on fighters and build swarms of them. That would typically take me to late game. Would still have to build some capital ships when repulsor beams came into play.
Insert witty comment here.

matt3916

Since the conversion shifted to MOO, I highly recommend Remnants of the Precursors.  Best of all, it's free.

jamus34

Well I'll add the obligatory note that I am eagerly awaiting DW2.
Insert witty comment here.

CJReich46

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

solops

Quote from: CJReich46 on August 02, 2021, 09:41:06 PM
Quote from: jamus34 on August 01, 2021, 09:14:06 AM
Well I'll add the obligatory note that I am eagerly awaiting DW2.

Ditto.
Not so sure. Most sequels mess up what made the original good. It took DW several expansions to get it right the first time. I'd feel better about a new expansion than a whole new DW2.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Jarhead0331

They couldn't just expand it. Needs a new engine to run on modern systems.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

CJReich46

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

solops

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 03, 2021, 06:01:45 AM
I hope it's good. DW is my top one, two or three space empire games.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Jarhead0331

Quote from: solops on August 04, 2021, 04:49:50 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 03, 2021, 06:01:45 AM
I hope it's good. DW is my top one, two or three space empire games.

Amen. Me too.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

steve58

I didn't really give the Dev Diary #3 a good full read until just now.  DW2 is going to be beautiful.  Can't wait...

steve58

Jarhead0331

Love the look of those ships. Very naval in character.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog