2 x Steam 75% off Shogun 2 vouchers get em whilst their hot

Started by undercovergeek, May 13, 2013, 04:23:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

For those late to the party (like me) - i for some reason have had 2 75% off vouchers bestowed upon me by Steam - once i work out how to give them away i happily will

Arctic Blast

Quote from: undercovergeek on May 13, 2013, 04:23:36 PM
For those late to the party (like me) - i for some reason have had 2 75% off vouchers bestowed upon me by Steam - once i work out how to give them away i happily will

You can gift them to anyone. You just need either their Steam account name or an email address (though they will obviously need a Steam account to use it).

I also have two. So let me know if you want one and what your account name is. Hell, if you know someone else who wants one, tell me their Steam account name.

JasonPratt

I have a free copy of Anomaly 2, for whatever that's worth. (Came with a preorder.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

PanzersEast

bbmike

Highlighting my too many games problem, I seem to already own Shogun 2 and didn't really know it.  :o
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

panzerde

Joining the party, I also have two coupons for whoever wants 'em.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Staggerwing

I'll take a voucher if anyone still has one. On Steam I use Staggerwing for my moniker same as here.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Arctic Blast

Oh goddammit...it seems these have to be traded. So the person has to be online at the time. For those wondering how this works :

-Bring up your friends list (bottom right corner of the client)
-Next to each name, you'll see a little downward arrow symbol. Click that.
-On the list is 'Invite to Trade'. Choose that.

This opens up a trade window showing everything each person has in their inventory. You don't each have to toss something in...it can be a purely one way deal.

Trading can also be initiated within a chat.

I'm not certain, but I THINK both people have to have Steam Guard active.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Arctic Blast on May 14, 2013, 12:45:20 AM
Oh goddammit...it seems these have to be traded. So the person has to be online at the time. For those wondering how this works :

-Bring up your friends list (bottom right corner of the client)
-Next to each name, you'll see a little downward arrow symbol. Click that.
-On the list is 'Invite to Trade'. Choose that.

This opens up a trade window showing everything each person has in their inventory. You don't each have to toss something in...it can be a purely one way deal.

Trading can also be initiated within a chat.

I'm not certain, but I THINK both people have to have Steam Guard active.
wow - why so obtuse...nice idea but complicated. Here's an idea...BIG button that says "Gift this to a friend" which you click, it brings up your friend list (and searchable button if you want to gift to another person ...but why?) and then click "GIFT NOW"

mmm...

I wonder if everyone who has Shogun 2 gets these...'cos I have 2 and it says
Thank you for being a fan of Total War:Shogun 2.Give this coupon of 75% off Total War:Shogun 2 to a friend

It also says it's valid until
(Valid until [date]1369328400[/date])
I have no idea what star date that is referring to  :P
Alba gu' brath

spec10

That looks like a UNIX timestamp. It converts to Thu May 23 17:00:00 2013 GMT

TheCommandTent

I've got two available as well if anyone sees me on STEAM chat and wants one.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

JasonPratt

Specifically what is the coupon for? 75% off the original Shogun 2? Because I have the Fall of the Samurai standalone, but not Shogun 2 yet.

People who have them to give away, make sure you post your Steam handle here in the thread, so we can get alerts as to when you're online and can contact for trading.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Arctic Blast

Quote from: JudgeDredd on May 14, 2013, 01:47:02 AM

wow - why so obtuse...nice idea but complicated. Here's an idea...BIG button that says "Gift this to a friend" which you click, it brings up your friend list (and searchable button if you want to gift to another person ...but why?) and then click "GIFT NOW"

Yeah, it's only like this for Inventory stuff. Annoying but at least limited.

Anyway, if anyone wants one of these, I'm : http://steamcommunity.com/id/arcticblaster76/

Huw the Poo

Quote from: JasonPratt on May 13, 2013, 05:55:12 PM
I have a free copy of Anomaly 2, for whatever that's worth. (Came with a preorder.)

Does that mean you're offering it?