The Nightmare of KG Hoffmeister

Started by MengJiao, July 01, 2013, 09:50:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MengJiao

I set up a quick training scenario for Panzerblitz 2 on the Carentan module map.  It supposedly represents an ad hoc KG based on
some flak batteries and an under-strength Luftwaffe field ear and stomach company (efficiency 6) under Hoffmeister, the local Big Man on
Luftwaffe campus with some trucks, horses and some STGIIIs from the repair shop...stopping a probe by a reinforced US parachute company
and some armor.  Hoffmeister was being played by a French admiral (from flying colors) and the US forces have retained two RN admirals.

Meister H. tried to pre-empt a US move (using some ad hominem rules I made up), but lost the roll and was removed from the game.  This
event represented a loss of nerve, or mechanical break down, loss of radio net, loss of grasp of the situation etc.

Unhindered the US pushed on and here we are at Turn 2:

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on July 01, 2013, 09:50:37 PM

I set up a quick training scenario for Panzerblitz 2 on the Carentan module map.  It supposedly represents an ad hoc KG based on
some flak batteries and an under-strength Luftwaffe field ear and stomach company (efficiency 6) under Hoffmeister, the local Big Man on
Luftwaffe campus with some trucks, horses and some STGIIIs from the repair shop...stopping a probe by a reinforced US parachute company
and some armor.  Hoffmeister was being played by a French admiral (from flying colors) and the US forces have retained two RN admirals.

Meister H. tried to pre-empt a US move (using some ad hominem rules I made up), but lost the roll and was removed from the game.  This
event represented a loss of nerve, or mechanical break down, loss of radio net, loss of grasp of the situation etc.

Unhindered the US pushed on and here we are at Turn 2:

Things get better for the desperate men of the KG formerly known as KG Hoffmeister.  On Turn 4 more assault guns show up commanded by man-about-town Hoffman (in the guise of a French admiral) and eventually the whole KG takes his name and KG Hoffman swings into action: