You've lost that FRIDAY feeling...ooooh that FRIDAY feeling...

Started by JudgeDredd, November 08, 2013, 05:44:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Barthheart on November 08, 2013, 08:44:04 AM
I've gotten sucked back into CiV after that last patch so any free time will probably go there.
More VASSAL work.
More testing of HoS.
Heroes of Stalingrad. I am very much looking forward to that....but I do hope it's not preceded by "all about the physical product" and "aimed at the boardgamers"

How goes the testing?
Alba gu' brath

Sir Slash

Rome 2-- Trying to help the Seleucids keep their empire together. It's what Alexander would want me to do. The Radious mod has me in love with the game all over again.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Greybriar

I expect I will be playing mostly XCOM: Enemy Unknown this weekend.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Bison

I expect to be working and day dreaming about being some place else.

W8taminute

I'm going to try to get some more time in with Space Empires IV.  Then try to finish up 100%ing Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7 (XBOX360). 

A buddy lent me his Castlevania: Lord of Shadows and Dishonoured discs for PS3 which I want to try to fit in as well. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Rayfer

Not much at all....leaving for a road-trip to Atlantic City for my nephews wedding.  Maybe it's a good thing, get a break from the everyday wargaming (I'm retired) and come back next week recharged and ready to report for duty.

Barthheart

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 08, 2013, 08:50:46 AM
Heroes of Stalingrad. I am very much looking forward to that....but I do hope it's not preceded by "all about the physical product" and "aimed at the boardgamers"

How goes the testing?

Testing is going well. The solo experience is really very good. More board game "feel" that Conflict of Heroes IMHO, but then I like the mechanics of  the Lock'nLoad series better than the CoH series...
Pretty sure this will be a digital only release.  ;)

Jarhead0331

Quote from: undercovergeek on November 08, 2013, 08:10:56 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 08, 2013, 07:24:08 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on November 08, 2013, 07:08:29 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 08, 2013, 07:02:18 AM
I'll probably continue to torture myself with the COD campaign. Maybe some more Batman Origins and even some Dishonored, which I've recently started playing again after a long hiatus.

do you have COD and BF4?

Yes... :'(

lmao, and a junior jarhead running round - man you must be pressed for time  :D

Thankfully, she is still very junior. So all she really does is eat, sleep and $hit. It'll be a problem for gaming once she gets older and starts acting like a real human being.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

bbmike

I've got to get back to Deadlock. I still have an AAR and a review to do on it.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Gusington

Probably putter around a bit more in Skyrim but my eye is wandering. Interested in starting a game of 1648 Total War or the Thirty Years War mod I just found for Civ V. Either those or the Franco Prussian War mod, also for Civ V.

Either way...Civ V beckons.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

PanzersEast

D#$@# AJE is kicking my arse........ this sums up my current game of Alea Jacta Est

• CK2 - Game of Thrones
  • Alea Jacta Est - D$#@ this game is unforgiving
  • Skyrim
  • Fallen Enchantress - Finish current campaign 

I picked up FC:RS and hope to get around to it sometime this weekend.

PE

LongBlade

I am wholly consumed by Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm.

At some point I hope to break away from it but I'm not sure how or when.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

MengJiao

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 08, 2013, 09:15:15 AM
I'll probably continue to torture myself with the COD campaign. Maybe some more Batman Origins and even some Dishonored, which I've recently started playing again after a long hiatus.

do you have COD and BF4?

Thankfully, she is still very junior. So all she really does is eat, sleep and $hit. It'll be a problem for gaming once she gets older and starts acting like a real human being.

Ah, the kid thing.  My girl is 3 and does fine with games.  True, she ate a few Gauls in Sword of Rome, but that was a game I got just for her.  She hated Successors but likes Sword of Rome.  It does taste better at least.  The Gauls do anyway.

Other than that she respects all objects in the Manloft and only makes inquires about ships and wind (she has been on boats at sea and liked that a lot).  She used to like flying airplanes in RoF and CLOD, but now finds them disturbing.  She has a real Blenheim phobia (she doesn't like the cockpit it seems).

Gaming-wise, it's a long week end here in the States for a lot of people and on Monday, the kid goes to school and the wife and I will be kid-free!  So lots of gaming seems possible.  But what will it be?  Maybe:

1) ARMAIII -- fights in Frini
2) Flying Colors -- boardgame featuring Martinique, April 17, 1780 with "Madman" Rodney going after the Comte de Sade and company.
3) RomeII?
4) Mods to IL-2 1946?
5) Some other stuff?

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 08, 2013, 09:15:15 AM

do you have COD and BF4?

They never behave like real human beings JH!  ;)

Congratulations...lots of fun times ahead.
Alba gu' brath

undercovergeek

Quote from: undercovergeek on November 08, 2013, 05:57:34 AM
going thru such a busy period at work, no gaming last week, none this week so far, hopefully, just hopefully there will be some tonight after this frikking conference -

HOI III Italy and AAR update

and some CMANO tutorials i hope

would love to get stuck into Rome II but i need a 'session' not just an hour or two

did like the look of Sids Pacific Aces but im not seeing anything thats knocking my socks off

All my work colleagues have plumped for PS3 BF4 and im getting the summons on a daily basis - this might have to be a purchase this weekend

Firework display with undercoverjunior on saturday night

forgot these:-

hoping to get into War Thunder - im hunting for Huw

and maybe tempted into Fallen Enchantress - once HOI III finishes ill be looking for a genre change