Main Menu

Hi and Hello

Started by CapnKirk, May 11, 2021, 03:44:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CapnKirk

Hello Everybody!

I've lurked around for awhile and figured it was time to pop in and say hi.

I've got 3 little ones, so my gaming time is limited, but I've been playing some Afghanistan '11, Rome Total War (the original) and some Decisive Campaigns Barbarossa.   

I have Lock n' Load Tactical Digital, and I keep meaning to try and dive into it.

Also own Panzer Corps 2 and Order of Battle, but I can't make up my mind which one to sink my teeth into.

I think I'm more of a collector than a player at this point  ::)

Anyway nice to meet everyone!

al_infierno

Welcome!   O0  And glad to say you've already passed the Voight Kampff test by talking about wargames in your first post!   :-"
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

^Hello and welcome! I'm also playing Rome: Total War (remastered) at the moment as the Scipii. Got notified last night that the Julii have one the campaign but decided to continue anyway.

I love the Order of Battle games, especially the Eastern Front DLC campaigns and really enjoyed Panzer Corps 2...both are games that I will be playing more of.

Enjoy your stay here, Cap'n.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: CapnKirk on May 11, 2021, 03:44:08 PM

Ha! You're in good company. Welcome. Glad you decided to post... :notworthy:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Sir Slash

Welcome to the Grogs CapnKirk. Great to have you with us. For the Record, I will not be the first to utter a, 'Beam me up, Scotty' line for this thread.  O:-)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

W8taminute

Welcome Captain!  Good to have you aboard.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

CapnKirk

Quote from: al_infierno on May 11, 2021, 04:02:19 PM
Welcome!   O0  And glad to say you've already passed the Voight Kampff test by talking about wargames in your first post!   :-"

Ha!  One of us!

Quote from: Gusington on May 11, 2021, 04:02:29 PM
^Hello and welcome! I'm also playing Rome: Total War (remastered) at the moment as the Scipii. Got notified last night that the Julii have one the campaign but decided to continue anyway.
I'm actually playing as the Julii and currently fighting an alliance of Gauls and Germans.  The Gauls formed an alliance with the Germans mid-war, and the Germans sent down an army from the north.
How do you like the remaster?  Is it worth upgrading in your opinion?

Quote from: Sir Slash on May 11, 2021, 06:32:23 PM
Welcome to the Grogs CapnKirk. Great to have you with us. For the Record, I will not be the first to utter a, 'Beam me up, Scotty' line for this thread.  O:-)

Well now that you brought up the elephant in the room, someone is going to have to do it.   :-"

Thank you for the welcome everyone!

Gusington

Hey Cap'n...the remaster is very good, it has recaptured the magic for me. If you  can get the 50% off discount it is a no brainer for 15.00. Only issue I have is occasional slow loading time at the very beginning of a session. Other than that it is solid technically, so far.

As the Scipii I have just wiped out Carthage and am about to wipe out Numidia. I got notification that the Julii won the campaign but I decided to continue anyway and I am still having fun. So I'll continue. Next campaign I think I will play as Numidia.

Don't let the Gauls and Germans bully you Cap'n!!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

I'm practically an art patron for gaming at this point!  :D :hide:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

CapnKirk

Quote from: JasonPratt on May 12, 2021, 10:29:23 AM

I'm practically an art patron for gaming at this point!  :D :hide:

Haha there's nothing better than spending more time reading about a game then actually playing it.

Destraex

The trouble with tribbles Cap'n Kirk, is that only good folk like us remember them!
Welcome to the fold. You are among an elite. Almost the last of the many seeking refuge in a tiny corner of the galaxy. Some remember forums. But many fold and turn to twitter, reddit, facebook and other more fleeting mediums!
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

W8taminute

If it's one thing we know how to do here is be friendly.  Then they'll be friendly.

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Sir Slash

Space Hippies?  :hide:  That guy needs to be run over by a Planet Killer!
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

W8taminute

Anguille

Welcome. I am a Trek fan myself.