The Quotable Groghead

Started by Jarhead0331, September 18, 2020, 01:22:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windigo

Quote from: Pete Dero on April 14, 2022, 03:48:31 AM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on April 13, 2022, 05:49:26 PM
they were already exchanged for russian pows.

I know. But I guessed that meme without context might come across as a bit weird for Windigo.

I was not thinking about the Ukraine War, I was definitely thinking more "WTF RTS gaming inside joke is this?"

*Shrug

My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Windigo

.... probably in the next year or two, you will discover the joy to be had in screaming at the odd strato-nimbus .
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I scream at road signs. But they always start it.  >:(
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

al_infierno

Men are born for games, nothing else. Every child knows that play is nobler than work. He knows too that the worth or merit of a game is not inherent in the game itself, but rather in the value of that which is put at hazard. Games of chance require a wager to have meaning at all. Games of sport involve the skill and strength of the opponents, and the humiliation of defeat and pride of victory are in themselves sufficient stake.

- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

al_infierno

The good book says that he that lives by the sword shall perish by the sword, said the black.

The judge smiled, his face shining with grease.

What right man would have it any other way? he said.

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

al_infierno

They're not real. You get that right? None of it is real. The critics aren't real. The customers aren't real. This isn't real. You aren't real. Why do you care about these people? They don't care about you. None of them. They don't even know you because you haven't shown them. Every day you will wake up and there'll be less of you. You live your life for them and they don't even see you. You don't even see yourself..... We don't get a lot of things to really care about.

Also, another quick McCarthy from Blood Meridian:

"Men of God and men of war have strange affinities."

- MengJiao