Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

^ So, we can expect some other things to be blowing up their tubes, eventually!  >:D

But it doesn't really matter, because they were already running low on replacement gun barrels for their artillery. I suspect they're running low on some other less obvious things to shoot those shells with, too.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Meanwhile, the puppet governor of Kherson region has decided to "pause" the coming referendum for "obvious" "practical reasons":

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/russian-surprise-announcement-in-kherson-as-ukraine-advances/ar-AA11uGTO?ocid=entnewsntp&cvid=0f6cb93fd2dc4d928d0f05ddc698bfad

Ukraine is also opening up negotiations to sell electricity to Germany from its nuclear reactors this winter.  :bd:

(The phrasing of their offer is also clearly a light jab at Germany for previously greening out their reactors. ;) )
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Gusington

Will Russia target other Ukrainian reactors now before they can produce electricity for Germany?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

I'm at work, but I'm sure someone can find a map plotting the location of Uk nuk reaks.  :coolsmiley:

I think it's a reasonable bet Russia, especially in a downward losing spiral, would do something this vengeful just to screw over everyone. Still, nuclear plants are pretty hard targets: they might be able to wreck outflow wiring stations and management offices and places like that, for a temporary problem; but unless they put boots on the ground who know how to seriously scotch a plant from the inside, I'm a little doubtful they can permanently zorch a reactor site.

Sir Slash

Russia's short on arty shells? I'm sure the Uks would be happy to give them some.  ::)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

al_infierno

https://www.newsweek.com/putin-russia-ukraine-war-recruits-volunteers-long-vacations-peskov-1740159

Putin Promises Russian War Recruits Long Vacations if They Fight for Him

... I hear Hell is a little hot for vacationing this time of year  >:D
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

JasonPratt

Quote from: al_infierno on September 06, 2022, 02:08:05 PM
https://www.newsweek.com/putin-russia-ukraine-war-recruits-volunteers-long-vacations-peskov-1740159

Putin Promises Russian War Recruits Long Vacations if They Fight for Him

... I hear Hell is a little hot for vacationing this time of year  >:D

Currently so is Crimea...  :D

GDS_Starfury

its a stupid thing to be annoyed about within the context of this was but:
why do so many fucking places in the Ukraine have to have the same friking name!?
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

GDS_Starfury

Im to tired to post maps but things are looking mightly interesting all over.
main attack south and wait for the commies to start moving things and then start hitting the north 6 days later.
I'm going to take it face value that the maps and corrections in the front lines are at least 3 to 4 days old.
please let it be the find out part of fuck around.  <:-)

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Uberhaus

Quote from: ArizonaTank on September 06, 2022, 09:38:32 AM
Russia is having to buy artillery shells from North Korea...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/russia-resorting-to-weapons-from-north-korea-indicates-artillery-shortage/ar-AA11vqn4?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=395a0d55566944f7ba6bc484ce3fc8f0
QuoteWhile Beijing is an ally of Moscow and has stepped up its imports of Russian oil, U.S. officials said that China has so far respected export controls aimed at Russia's military and has not tried to sell military hardware or components, The New York Times reported.

U.S. Commerce Secretary Gina Raimondo, had warned China in March that if its computer chip maker, Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corporation, or other companies, violated sanctions, the U.S. would effectively shut down those businesses by cutting off their access to the American technology they need.

This is conjecture but China may be doing an end run around sanctions against Russia.   We shall see if N. Korea makes a large purchase of artillery ammunition.

Staggerwing

Or if the Norks start sending boatloads of ICs to Russia with the TI or Micron or SMIC logos crossed out and 'Made in the DPRK' written in with silver sharpie.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

JasonPratt

Or if China decides to lease/loan the shells to Russia, at 7% to be paid fully in 15 years... hey, that isn't SELLING them shells! The "One Belt One Road" plan takes a new tweeeest!  ^-^

(But yeah, my real bet is more like Norks as a proxy.)

Sir Slash

"Buy, 'Little Kim' brand Artillery Shells. They used to be fat around the middle but now they're thin. But they are still short and ugly".  ;)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

GDS_Starfury

I honestly dont know through osint if russia has enough barrels to used nork ammo.
either way, I dont see it working out for a lot of gun crews.

Crossroads

Edit broken link  :tickedoff:
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY