Living on the FRIDAY

Started by Dammit Carl!, March 17, 2023, 09:18:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dammit Carl!

Prog jazz, baby!  70's had some admittedly cool stuff from time to time.

Looking at the Steam sale, I could see getting a few things to tinker with, but nothing really jumps out at me at the moment.  Maybe a wrasslin' game...

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

CaptainKoloth

Can't tear myself away from DCS. On the other end of the computer power spectrum, some Jane's 688. Both amazing games.

Gusington

Looking at getting some Northgard DLC and attempting to learn the game again. Finished God of War on PC last night...sad now, as I loved every second of it. May also begin King Arthur: Knight's Tale, start a new campaign of Field of Glory 2: Medieval and perhaps...perhaps...some Crusader Kings III.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Nice tune.

Still playing Fallen Haven.  I completed the Human campaign now I'm working on the Tauron one. 

Nothing is really jumping out at me on the Steam sale although I might pick up Wreckfest.

Anyone here play it?  Curious to know what you think. 

I will continue my love hate relationship with Distant Worlds 2.  It's actually starting to grow on me but the real test will be when I get involved in my first war. 

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

^Wreckfest is solid fun.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: W8taminute on March 17, 2023, 09:46:48 AMNothing is really jumping out at me on the Steam sale although I might pick up Wreckfest.

Anyone here play it?  Curious to know what you think. 

I find it fun but I'm a sucker for car games too.  No idea how it plays with a wheel and pedals as I use gaming controller so any kind of "accurate," steering/handling nuance is lost on me.

All that aside, I do indeed like the game.  It's deep enough for me (tweaking/tuning your car, upgrading components, changing the look of your car through paint or add-ons, etc.) yet simple enough to just jump in and go in solo games vs. bots, games vs. people online - and these types of games vary too, so find the server you want and jump in, and tournament modes to get the dosh needed to buy new whips or upgrade your current stable.

The damage model of the cars is spiffy and rightfully unforgiving if you just bomb around the track like an ass, so drive accordingly.

The DLC is usually just additional cars and whatnot and not really needed for play, at least as far as I can tell.  It ain't one of those "pay to win," sort of games which is honestly refreshing in this day and age.

Groggy

I won't have alot of time for gaming this weekend. But whatever I can fit in will be some Destiny 2.

Take it easy boys!
''War is the unfolding of miscalculations.''-Barbara Tuchman

devoncop

Still battling the Demons in Pathfinder War of the Righteous. Drezen has been recaptured after an epic battle that took several days to complete and my gallant (if often inept) party has begun Act III and am hitting the infamous difficulty spike....I know see where my character builds are less than optimum !

Having a great time with it though.

Have a chilled weekend chaps .
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

solops

Shadow Empire...sigh.

If I can tear myself away from it (unlikely) I may try one of my unplayed games, maybe Spellforce CoE or Destiny of the World.

"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

W8taminute

Thank you Gus and Carl.  Ok I'll remove it from my wishlist by purchasing it tonight Haha! 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Gusington

^I dare you to try to find a better time online for 11.99!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Quote from: Gusington on March 17, 2023, 12:08:15 PM^I dare you to try to find a better time online for 11.99!

Challenge accepted. 

11.99 is a good price and the lowest I've seen since I started monitoring this game a few months ago.

Gusington

^100s of hours of gameplay in Wreckfest too.

Forgot to mention that I am also picking up Warlord: Britannia at Pratt's suggestion. Receipt coming your way Pratt!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Pete Dero

Never heard of Wreckfest.  Never wanted Wreckfest.  Never needed Wreckfest.

And now I'm looking at Wreckfest on Steam and at reviews on YT ...

But I listened to the progressive jazz and the urge to buy is gone :ROFL: .

For gaming it will probably be returning to Distant Worlds 2 and trying out Tigers on the Hunt.
But there is a Steam and a DCS sale  :hair:

Have a great weekend and a wonderful St Patrick's Day for all those who feel Irish.

bruce205

Starting Disco Elysium. Any thoughts on it from my fellow Grogs?