Jukebox Playlist

Started by Bison, February 07, 2013, 06:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Longdan

digni enim sunt interdicunt

bayonetbrant

Quote from: TheCommandTent on April 18, 2013, 05:36:45 PMYou want shredding how about this....

that honestly comes across almost as a Spinal Tap-ish parody considering how ridiculously and unnecessarily fast the band is playing underneath the lyrics.  It's almost as if they got together and said "how fast can we play, just to see if we can all do it".  It really has no purpose for furthering the song, other than to show how fast they can play.

I prefer this kind of shredding - which fits the song so much better.

(the song is a Thin Lizzy cover by an all-girl band, that - unlike Vixen - can actually play)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

TheCommandTent

Now for something completely different.  A cappella group Pentatonix and an evolution of music.

"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

bayonetbrant

^^ they're the guys that won The Sing-Off a few years ago, right?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

TheCommandTent

Quote from: bayonetbrant on April 19, 2013, 09:45:33 AM
^^ they're the guys that won The Sing-Off a few years ago, right?

Yeah.  My wife really likes the show so she shows me all their stuff.  They've got some talent.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

bayonetbrant

Quote from: TheCommandTent on April 19, 2013, 07:42:11 AMA cappella group Pentatonix and an evolution of music.
I like how the girl has to sing Michael Jackson's leads, as well as Freddie Mercury...

Windigo

My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Bison

Bison

Staggerwing

Speaking of Mark Knopfler...

I'm kinda partial to this one. Not really sure why...  ???

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Arctic Blast

One of those songs that kinda sounds like impending doom.

Arctic Blast

It's actually nice out! And nice weather = guitar rock to play with the windows down.

Martok

Good tuneage, AB!  I don't think I'd heard of the Stereophonics before, but I like their sound. 

Here's what I'm currently listening to: 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Martok on May 05, 2013, 11:57:16 PM
Good tuneage, AB!  I don't think I'd heard of the Stereophonics before, but I like their sound. 

They were one of many bands I learned of thanks to the soundtrack for the show Rescue Me. In fact, a series of posts may be in order covering some of the others...

And that's probably the first time I've listened to Crash Test Dummies in at least 5 years. That's a good song, too.

Arctic Blast

Okay, more Rescue Me stuff.

That's the TS song from the show. They're one of those bands that are really good, but that don't really have standout singles. But that'll do.

The Von Bondies recorded the opening theme music, but I'll put something else here. Kind of a sloppy mess of a band, but it works.

And I'll close it off with a massive style shift to Griffin House. This song burrows it's way in to my brain and refuses to leave for days at a time. Also personally memorable since I once got some girl's phone number after doing this at karaoke one time. So it has that going for it.  ;D